Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

880 bay will have a very welcomed impact from the TD Centre view/south. however, from the north, it'll be so wide that it'll block out Burano, Murano, and the ROCP cluster :(

No offense steveveveve, but I don't really care.

Density/good architecture overall > viewscapes

BuranofromCentury.jpg

iPhone shot from Saturday evening

imo the best angle to view Burano. the mech. box just makes it for me. it's blended in seamlessly with the rest of the structure, and yet adds a sharp finale to the design. not to mention, the proportions look good from here (from the east/west this thing is kinda fat)

from this angle, Burano blows Casa out of the water. and murano too.

Burano = doesn't look good from the East/West, but good from north/south/non-direct angles

Murano = doesn't look good from the North/South, but looks good east/west/off angles.

Am I the only one that thinks Burano is great and Murano sucks? With Burano the materials look better, mech. is better, number of interesting angles to shoot from, and blows Murano away at street level. Just my opinion.

I like the shape of the Burano tower, the McLaughlin Motors Building restoration and angled bay windows above but I like the glass on Murano better. The roof (mech. PH) and northern section of Burano aren't complete yet so I hold back on that. Both succeed in most areas with few failures, bottom line there are three much needed great new buildings along this section of Bay Street.

Last edited:
What are they building directly to the west? Is that a parking garage? Will west facing units near the bottom be looking at that???

Am I the only one that thinks Burano is great and Murano sucks? With Burano the materials look better, mech. is better, number of interesting angles to shoot from, and blows Murano away at street level. Just my opinion.

You are absolutely not the only one.

I think burano wouldn't look as cool with out the other two. Just my opinion.

Hm, interesting, I think I'd have to agree there.

I find Burano to be the nicest but I would take far less issue with Murano if it weren't for its awful podium. I'm not referring to the scaffolding either-- even before that went up I found the podium to be the most lifeless, street-killing thing imaginable. I know there's not much to work with on Bay Street but c'mon, give it something!

To be fair about the podium, we haven't seen if it's capable of adding some life along this stretch yet. Lanterra is using 3/4 of it for sales & construction offices.

Back