Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Been reading these forums for years and thought I'd finally contribute a bit. Here's Aura among various other projects, taken on my camera phone:

auray.jpg

welcome to UT! and freaking sweet shot (from Encore right?)... wow Sick Kids looks like it's right next to Aura, gives the impression that there's a dense street canyon there.

In terms of skyline impact... THIS is our Trump Chicago. (from the North that title goes to Shangri-la)

and Aura is gonna be a legend from here. gonna make the view feel a lot more big city.

I always love the way this construction site looks at dusk from the Aura webcam

KCCJu.jpg

I highly agree with you. I thought these photos were enhanced with photoshop for lighting and saturation. Do the webcam images really look like this?

Ps. I think it's time to move the webcam position upwards and onwards

No enhancement at all! thats just how it looks on the webcam at sundown. The webcam was actually positioned a fair bit higher but high winds about a month or so ago must have knocked it down a few notches

Y'know, I'm finding Aura strangely endearing in its vulgarity, gross mullion patterns and all...

^
It's the new brutalism!

Aura is growing on me as well. I always found the podium glass to be really nice - similar to that of PwC Tower, but slapped on a non-box form. You can bet that once the curtain wall upper floors are completed Aura will start to look spectacular, and may even gain the appreciation of those who have been against it from the start. Don't give up on this one just yet!

My concern is that the window-wall is going to look very bad when contrasted with the curtainwall the entire height of the tower.

^How many photos have you taken of this project? I go out of my way--and career--to post photos of projects on UT. I deserve the right to critique what I see.

Posting photos is your choice and does not grant you some special critical status. That you think something along those lines is actually quite funny. It'd be like my criticizing the lousy quality of your photos because they appear when I look through a thread.

My concern is that the window-wall is going to look very bad when contrasted with the curtainwall the entire height of the tower.

And does this glass on the tower continue to look the same on the upper rounded half?or is it a solid color/tinting? No lines I mean.

I only ask cause all of the renderings seem to appear like they are slightly different. Though I may just be thinking this as ... It's rounded and casts differently in regards to reflectivity. If that's even a word.

Out for a walk today

What are the chances that ground level retail tenants will be able to 'personalize' their entrances on Yonge? Zero?
It'd be nice as it'd be in keeping with the miss-mash of store fronts around it (which I personally think makes it much more lively). Plus, anything would be better than what's there now.

Back