Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Good point. I can see some type of greenery on the deck of the condo to the right though.

And yes, both the north and west sides would be perfect locations for patio restaurants. I'm thinking something like a Moxie's may work well there.
The trees that you can see at the condo on the right are part of a big 3rd floor garden above the entrance to that building. It is quite fabulous but may suffer somewhat with Aura blocking much of the sunshine. C'est la vie when you live in the city.

img0714ql.jpg

sure most of the photo has "blah" stretches, but i like the backdrop. Trump and Burano make the view that much more impressive imo. ("spine" effect of the bay street canyon.)

One bloor is gonna really stand out in contrast to the west side of yonge lol

the view looks good, your friend just needs a new camera one that doesnt take dull washed out pics :)

8 May 2012: What a Horra

165el.jpg

Imo this parkette will always be a failure--as long as the ugly concrete ROCP, Liberties, Aura & CP proper surrounds the site. It needs a Vancouver-style makeover to improve it somewhat--currently it is a reminder of all that is wrong with Toronto.

168.jpg

Welcome to SCC:

170zl.jpg

Been reading these forums for years and thought I'd finally contribute a bit. Here's Aura among various other projects, taken on my camera phone:

auray.jpg

I just dont even bother. Everyone is into their own thing and aura seems to be a target for hate. But after looking at UD's nimbytect sketches next to his critique of aura, you get a distinct "pot calling kettle black" feeling. I personally find good in all of those pictures. the cladding didnt work for me at first but it grows on me more and more with each photo. To each his own i guess....i just laugh when i see UD's 50 bloor west sketch and see him slamming aura

Urbandreamer - Thank you for posting those last pictures of aura. Turned out good. Also thanks to those before. These are great to look at though a slow process. It's funny you can wait for weeks somedays on one project and only have one person or two take the time to snap a shot to share with us. These people deserve great recognition for their contributions regardless of whatever everyone has to say or not. I enjoy the "entertainment" none the less. sometimes the pictures are so spectacular in my opinion. It's To bad there has not been more sunny days for the shots huh.

Last edited:

Back