Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Bit off topic, but how long has that Panera Bread been there? I've never noticed it before. What was there before?

I believe it used to be a Levi's store. I recall seeing the building undergoing renovations last summer. Those screens on top are also fairly new.

It's been there for a while now, few months maybe. It replaced a UFC store which replaced a Levi's. Cursed corner apparently.

this new tenant has a more refined look and brings a more neighbourly appeal to this stretch compared to so much of the other trashy content around here! what a great improvement! Is this the start of the gentrification of Yonge St?

Last edited:
They're putting up the ACS today. It has graphics/text facing down, kind of like the Four Seasons ACS. Having that in place should let them pick up the pace even more (tho they do seem to be moving upwards at a good pace as it is)

Just a quick pic of what will be the passage between Gerrard Street West and College Park itself along the western edge of Aura. It will be interesting to see how this is treated.

IMG4032-L.jpg

I don't think Yonge Street would be as interesting if it were, but I nevertheless think it is inevitable. It's really only a question of when.

Personally speaking, one of things I love about Yonge is the variety. That variety typically includes the more unique destinations. I somehow doubt there is enough "upscale" shops and service to fill that whole length.

Just a quick pic of what will be the passage between Gerrard Street West and College Park itself along the western edge of Aura. It will be interesting to see how this is treated.

IMG4032-L.jpg

Plant some trees along the right side of the picture there, with some bushes in front (in order to block the view of the solid wall and the exhaust vent), and you may have a pretty nice pedestrian walkway there.

Is the backside of Aura going to be retail in that location? Because if you pretty up the far side, I can see that being a pretty nice patio restaurant location. Devote half the space to the patio and half to a pedestrian path.

IMO, the best patio locations are the ones that are near a main street (for accessibility), but are tucked away in a semi-secluded area to have a nice calming effect. The Red Lion patio on Jarvis used to be almost perfect for that. It was fronting onto Jarvis, but there were enough trees and bushes between the street and the patio that you didn't feel like you were right beside Jarvis.

Last edited:
Not sure there are many trees that will survive there in the passage way between Aura and The Liberties. I doubt that it gets any direct sunlight at all.
Love the idea of a restaurant with a patio on that side of Aura. As for the North side of the building (fronting the park), I believe that will be the entrance for the condo. I'm loving this!

Not sure there are many trees that will survive there in the passage way between Aura and The Liberties. I doubt that it gets any direct sunlight at all.
Love the idea of a restaurant with a patio on that side of Aura. As for the North side of the building (fronting the park), I believe that will be the entrance for the condo. I'm loving this!

Good point. I can see some type of greenery on the deck of the condo to the right though.

And yes, both the north and west sides would be perfect locations for patio restaurants. I'm thinking something like a Moxie's may work well there.

Here is my contribution to the monster that is Aura. I think the small angle twist on this building will be best appreciated at the roof level. It will allow people at Dundas Square to really see the sexy curve of the roof.
m1540026.jpg

By torontovibe at 2012-05-06

Back