Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Outstanding views, and unlikely to be obstructed for decades. No worries about peeping Toms either. So I guess this will be the highest private residence in Canada?

I just found a cool website for ground elevation comparisons:

http://blog.programmableweb.com/2010/03/25/google-launches-maps-elevation-data-api/

If you plug in 1 King St W (for Scotia Plaza) and 388 Yonge St (for Aura), the elevation increases from 83.53m to 96.41m, thus Yonge/Gerrard is approximately 13 meters above Yonge/King.

Assuming this data is accurate, Aura's building height (when viewed from afar) will exceed Scotia's by about 2 meters (13m-11m=2m).

And for the owner of 1 Bloor's PH, unfortunately your view will be below Aura's roof line. The elevation between 388 Yonge and 1 Bloor increases from 96.41m to 116.34m. So Aura's height of 264m will exceed 1 Bloors 258m (238m + 20m).

Good work!

Last edited:
The highest existing residential buildiÑg in Canada that's completed is the Minto North Tower @ Yonge and Eglinton? The title will go to Aura very shortly!

With its ground elevation factored in however, Quantum North stands at 321m (160m + 161m asl), taller than FCP. I guess with the gradual slope and the other buildings surrounding it, it doesn't stand out as much.

Isn't 1 King a higher residence than Quantum?.

But by february, i believe the Ritz will have the highest penthouse in canada, soon followed by Four Seasons (if completed before trump), then trump, then L tower, then Shangri-la, etc...

Wow, when I was up there it looked to me like I was above Commerce Court, but not FCP or Scotia. It's hard to tell from a distance though...

2696591989_bc6eaf8bea_b.jpg

2697424992_2944ed0ee7_b.jpg

2675170850_8f81f11d55_b.jpg

As you can see from the last photo, the north east corner of Scotia is just ever so slightly taller then the south east corner, which means that its at a slightly higher elevation then the point from which the photo was taken. The distance between Quantum & Scotia is exactly 4 miles so I don't believe the Earths curvature would account for this.

Once Aura & One Bloor are completed, they should line up almost perfectly from this perspective.

Last edited:
Open Google Earth and zoom in to the top of FCP and the elevation at the bottom reads: 374m above sea level. Minus approximately the 80 meters King Street is above sea level and you get an accurate enough height for the roof of the FCP ~ 298m.

Now hover your mouse over the roof of Quantum North at Yonge and Eglinton and you get 319 meters. The street below reads 161 meters above sea level. Quick math, puts the top of the tall buildings in the core, significantly above the eyeline of the top of Quantum.

The same will be for Aura when built: Yonge and Gerrard at 96 meters above sea level, plus the 264m for the tower will put it at 358 meters above sea level, which is well above Quantum's 319m.

And Commerce Court West stands at 316 meters above sea level, so almost in line with Quantum.

*All of the above are rough estimates from Google Earth`s altimeter function.

Last edited:
The L Tower and Shangra La are going to have a huge impact in those skyline pics too. (not to mention Market Warf and 300 Front) I can't wait!

Back