Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

That explains the $3M, because there's no swimming pool; it's a deal nonetheless. One should buy the 74th floor also and add stairs to make it a 2-storey loft mansion in the sky. I can see a celebrity pulling that off!

Ka1, I thought they upgraded you to the PH.
I guess I was missinformed.
Still available. Wow.

That said, the views are spectacular.

Crazy. Almost has a Roman palace feel to it, with the big lobby and everything. Separate bathrooms for him and her, which to me takes the fun out of showers, but what do I know.

Here is the floor plan - i'm pretty sure it's been posted before but this came from the developer and is very clear so I thought I would share it with you.

I have the two 74th floor penthouses too if anyone is interested.

75thFlPenthouse.jpg

In agreement with regards to the swimming pool. How could there no be one!?
I'd be interested otherwise... :p

What I love most about this building is that where finally getting a one over 700ft tall that has some curves! Along with Ice of course, while #1 Bloor is still basically a box.

Last edited:
That view is crazy. I was expecting it to be higher though. The artist depiction of the interior is ugly though. Definitely not how I'd want it to look.

$17.5M including HST is a bargain for 11,300+ Sq Ft at that floor level! Unfortunately, you are buying a shell at that price (i.e. none of the stone/marble floor finishes, all of that is for show). Also, none of the floor heights are as you would expect (only 9' or 10' foot heights, not even 13' as at Trump"). I think if you were to put down that kind of money, you would expect more than 9' or 10' on that level. At that level of purchase, I would expect nothing less than 10'Ft ceilings (God, even Bazis can manage that at Crystal!) and Trump offers up to 13' with coffered ceiling at 15'. Unlike the floorplan, I really hate the 3 dividers in the "Great Room" (as opposed to 2). Why Aura would not stretch further baffles me.... Of course, if I had the $ I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

The top PH has 12.5 foot ceiling height. I also wouldn't call it a shell, as the finishes are exactly the same as the Four Seasons.

I still think the shear mass of this building will surprise most people once built. It's width will be nearly double that of Trump or 1 Bloor, which are both quite skinny.

That view is crazy. I was expecting it to be higher though.

Ya, I'm pretty sure this view was taken from the 70th floor (or below). From the 75th, you'll either see clear above Scotia Plaza or right at the top.

Scotia's roof is only 11 meters taller (275m vs 264m) then Aura's and I'm guessing the elevation at Yonge/College is probably more then 11 meters above Yonge/King? After adjusting for the mechanical level up top, I'd say the 75th floor view will hit Scotia's roof line.

Once built though, we'll just whip out our measuring tapes to verify. :D

12.6 Ft Ceiling Height now... I could swear it was less in the past but I'm not one to argue (;-). I could live with that...

I just found a cool website for ground elevation comparisons:

http://blog.programmableweb.com/2010/03/25/google-launches-maps-elevation-data-api/

If you plug in 1 King St W (for Scotia Plaza) and 388 Yonge St (for Aura), the elevation increases from 83.53m to 96.41m, thus Yonge/Gerrard is approximately 13 meters above Yonge/King.

Assuming this data is accurate, Aura's building height (when viewed from afar) will exceed Scotia's by about 2 meters (13m-11m=2m).

And for the owner of 1 Bloor's PH, unfortunately your view will be below Aura's roof line. The elevation between 388 Yonge and 1 Bloor increases from 96.41m to 116.34m. So Aura's height of 264m will exceed 1 Bloors 258m (238m + 20m).

Back