Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

44220d1175547081-beating-dead-horse-beat.gif

Be sure to post that in the Chicago apartments thread too. They're beating Mississauga's other dead horse over there.

...and the picture shows the car going west, further into the MCC area and not moving further away (or fleeing) as you so glibly put it.

Right. So a car moving westward along Burnhamthorpe at Duke of York "going further in the MCC area"... whatever you want to believe.

Right. So a car moving westward along Burnhamthorpe at Duke of York "going further in the MCC area"... whatever you want to believe.

Everyone seems to be missing the obvious: the guy is traveling west, away from Toronto, the centre of the universe.

Uh who cares about this.... can we stick to Absolute?
Agreed - apologies to all for my part of the diversion - just trying to counter some of the cheapshots taken at Mississauga in recent pages.

I've been finding excuses to drive by Absolute and looking for more glass on AW5, but nothing since the last shots drum118 and Jasonzed posted. That's the biggest thing I'm looking for with this pair, even more than improving the 'bottlecaps' (though that clearly is needed).

Last edited:
Hey Drum, I drove through Eastgate Pkwy a few days ago and noticed all that construction.

Any clue what's going on there?

That is the Mississauga BRT ROW Phase I. It will not be finish until late 2013.

I expect Phase II to start in 2012 and be finish, if at all in 2014. Phase II was to start a few months ago.

I shoot the whole phase and have yet to make a video of it. It will have to be in phases, since I shoot close to 200 photos of the thing.

If you go up to my site and type "Mississauga BRT", you will see the photos

That is the Mississauga BRT ROW Phase I. It will not be finish until late 2013.

I expect Phase II to start in 2012 and be finish, if at all in 2014. Phase II was to start a few months ago.

I shoot the whole phase and have yet to make a video of it. It will have to be in phases, since I shoot close to 200 photos of the thing.

If you go up to my site and type "Mississauga BRT", you will see the photos

Ah thanks, I didn't see the BRT part. I haven't seen any detailed plans other than your photos but the traffic along the Eastgate corridor doesn't seem particularly bad compared to other areas in Mississauga (Hurontario).

2349176216_ca155fff79.jpg

2349176924_efcff50ac6.jpg

It strikes me as odd they are building a BRT from Cawthra through Tomken to Dixie and further into a somewhat isolated office sector by Orbital Drive off Englinton near Centennial Park. What is the grand idea here?

I found this pdf giving a few more details but I'm confused as to how this BRT will connect people to the Kipling Subway station via 427 area.

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/BRTConstructionNotice.pdf

Man, Hazel messed up huge when she had the chance to build a subway from Toronto to Mississauga in the 80's! How great would that have been?

Last edited:
It strikes me as odd they are building a BRT from Cawthra through Tomken to Dixie and further into a somewhat isolated office sector by Orbital Drive off Englinton near Centennial Park. What is the grand idea here?

- It will cut travel times, hence it benefits those who work from one edge of the city to another. From the current 101-minute travel time between Clarkson and Malton, it will take 65 minutes with the BRT.
- It is flexible to add more express routes where the demand is and overlap with other buses.
- The eastern segment (Tomken, Dixie, Central Pkwy, Cawthra) will likely be active during rush hours due to the massive industrial parks north of the stations. However, they will die off during off-peak hours and weekends, since the primary users will come from the south who are going to Malton or west of Square One (Erin Mills, Meadowvale, Streetsville) and those who are going to Square One have available alternate routes nearer to their origin such as 20, 26, and 3.
- The easternmost segment (All BRT stations east of Dixie) will only be active during rush hours.
- Renforth will be an exception since most routes that go to Westwood and Islington will be cut short there.
- Plus, the Airport Corporate Centre will be redeveloped to TOD standards, so rush hour usage will be maximized.

No more BRT talk in here please. Take it to the appropriate thread in the Transportation section. Any further talk here will be deleted. Thanks!

Back