Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Hi Again Everyone,

Once completed, the spandrel will be the same colour as the rest of the building and not white as it appears now.

Thanks!

from today
20110730020.jpg

Love this shot!

I believe the picture below will put to rest the question of whether or not there will be a railing on the inside of the glass.

AW15.jpg

You can see on the inside of the pillar, there is a hook shaped projection that the railing will fasten to. If it's in that same grey color, it will largely be invisible from outside the glass, which will look nice and not detract from the wave pattern.

While I was there, I snapped a few more up-close shots also. These building rightly get a lot of shots posts from distance where the curves are mostly graceful and flowing. Standing at the bases is a different experience entirely and mindblowing, really. Pictures only do so much, that I strongly suggest people make it out to see these beauties in person once they're complete.

AW14.jpg

AW4.jpg

AW11.jpg

AW12.jpg

Rest of the gallery here: http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/MarkoYYZ/Absolute World/

Last edited:
There's Turning Torso in Malmo, of course. It was first and the only thing really close (for now).

1-1102111330050-L.jpg

The dual Veer towers in Vegas also have that "they look like they could topple over" feel, but nowhere near the same level.

Veer+Towers.jpg

I'm just curious, has anybody seen buildings similar to these, anywhere else in the world?

I think they are pretty much unique.....I hope we get another MAD design somewhere in the GTA.........

It's nice to know we have something that's not a copy of something else. (well, I should say MISSISSAUGA) That Malmo building looks great but it's different from Absolute. The other twisting towers are all squarish. I also wish Toronto would get something from MAD. (obviously, not the same but just as interesting and sexy)

Back