Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

No balcony glass as of yesterday - just the sample panels shown a few pages back. Things have really slowed down on the exterior. The wave pattern will make gaps far more noticeable, so they be accumulating a stockpile of the glass so that they can go in sequence, or simply install it on #5 more efficiently than they did on #4, seemingly jumping groups of floors at random.

noticed some balcony dividers on tower #4 today, I don't think they were there before (lower floors only so far)..

LOL! that was so random!!! that had nothing to do with the commercial, nor did it really contribute in any way,... seems like it was just inserted there! LOL! but it's sick!

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! that was so random!!! that had nothing to do with the commercial, nor did it really contribute in any way,... seems like it was just inserted there! LOL! but it's sick!
Almost all automotive commercials look for great backdrops. Sometimes it's a winding seaside, sometimes the mountians, other times a cityscape. Toronto and Vancouver get used a lot, actually, along with LA. Film hotspots, all.

Almost all automotive commercials look for great backdrops. Sometimes it's a winding seaside, sometimes the mountians, other times a cityscape. Toronto and Vancouver get used a lot, actually, along with LA. Film hotspots, all.

yeah, i often see what looks like a "gardiner expressway-esque" highway in many car commercials... it looks cool... and when/how do they film these??? is it green-screened or do they actually shut down portions of the freeway/streets to shoot these?

from the weekend...

20110915059.jpg

20110915065.jpg

20110915074.jpg

20110915079.jpg

20110915078.jpg

20110915090.jpg

20110915095.jpg

From today
20110920009.jpg

20110920006.jpg

I noticed some thing on Wednesday after doing a budget presentation that is new to the building and not sure if it was part of the original design or some thing new. I also saw items being lower from the roof at the same time and too far away to see what it was.

Since I had a meeting near the towers today, I decided to take a close look at what I saw yesterday.

As I was starting to take a look, I ran into a tour taking place with about 20 people including the City Commissioner of Planning and Development and a few other city staff. Not sure who the rest of the group was. The tour was been lead by the building architect of all people and had a short conversation with him.

The small windows frames section are getting a light (blue?) panel in them that are being stagger every 3 or 4 floors around tower E (50 Absolute Dr). You cannot get a good shot or view of them up close, but show up more from a distance.

No change for the the baloney railing other than more brackets have been added to other floors.
6172913507_1f052209b4_b.jpg

6172913075_38729ba9ea_b.jpg

6173432360_f73a0b33f6_b.jpg

6172900927_aa08e6dfe0_b.jpg

6172904655_944502f0bb_b.jpg

6173430684_1dd0d0a6bb_b.jpg

6173539114_ebe841db6c_b.jpg

Last edited:
You would think they'd have figured out how they were gonna clad these twin towers by now...

Thanks. I finally ended up seeing it on TV the other day and was pleasantly surprised.. nice ad.

Have folks started moving into one of the buildings? As I seem to recall "fall closings" sometime ago..

Only Tower D as Tower E far from being ready.

Thanks. I finally ended up seeing it on TV the other day and was pleasantly surprised.. nice ad.

Have folks started moving into one of the buildings? As I seem to recall "fall closings" sometime ago..

As Drum mentioned only Tower D or 4 has occupants up to the 28th floor. By the end of November they will be up to the 40th floor and by December it should be fully occupied.

I'm not sure when occupancy will begin on Tower 5.

Back