Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I'm quite sure that there will some kind of handle/railing/etc along the top or the back of the glass.

Looks good from afar.
20110721007.jpg

20110721010.jpg

20110721008.jpg

Well, as I pointed out over at SSP, they have either changed the "Wave" pattern from the original concept, or this first row is only a test, because the size of the "wave" is much smaller than on any of the renderings or models.

mayansongabsoluteworld.jpg

(Image courtesy Architect.net found here: http://artect.net/?p=612 )

dac_absolute-towers.jpg

(Image courtesy archiCentral found here: http://www.archicentral.com/the-abso...ada-mad-11062/ )

I think it's just a test. Partly because, as you say, the wave is different, but also because the location of the wave in relation to where the curves are on the building seem to be off. Either way, I think the wave glass will help #5 look better than #4 - I've thought this from day 1 and it's exciting that it's getting close to that time.

Dividers are the very last thing to go up. If they're installed beforehand they make everything else way harder to access.

It would appear so. I guess for the time being they have a place to run laps and maybe snoop on their neighbors.

Thats actually pretty cool. True panoramic views without having to purchase a penthouse. You can go for a walk around your building.

It's interesting, driving north on Hurontario and approaching Marilyn, how the second building gradually snakes into view. They're quite a pair.

Jasonzed - we must have been out there taking pics around the same time. I saw the long shadows in the pics in the Sheridan thread showing the time of day, and now I see that mother and 2 kids flying their kite in the park. I actually stood up there next to them.

I was taking some shots of the Living Arts Centre from all sides to work up some ideas about the hotel and convention center. Turns out the piece of property is bigger than it feels with just the LAC on it. There's room for a continuous 100,000 sq' exhibition space without taking down the Hammerson, and space enough on the front (SE) corner for a hotel and more... will post in that thread once I've had some time to play with it.

Back