Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

qTS8p0I.jpg

WbxncC5.jpg

As much as the cladding makes me angry, the driveway probably pisses me off the most. Why the hell is there driveway courtyard in this development? there should just be some crappy garage entrance from an alley.

This is the last thing I would want a tourist on their first day in Toronto crossing the tracks from the CN Tower to take in. LOL at us.

As much as the cladding makes me angry, the driveway probably pisses me off the most. Why the hell is there driveway courtyard in this development? there should just be some crappy garage entrance from an alley.

It's in Tridel's blood. Their bread and butter was long in suburban development with massive, opulent drive-up entrances.

I've always liked those cylindrical buildings on Front (more oval shaped if anything).

I can't understand this "mania" of build all-balconies towers. All-balconies glassy towers everywhere!

Purchasers want balconies. Developers provide them. What's hard to understand?

I`m talking about ALL-balconies towers, I am not against towers WITH balconies.

Spot the difference:

B0toEiQ.jpg

photo by someMidTowner's

QyEmn.jpg

photo by someMidTowner's

Last edited:
I can't understand this "mania" of build all-balconies towers. All-balconies glassy towers everywhere!

Considering that my condo unit is my "house", the balcony is both my front yard and my backyard. And I use it all the time, as do my neighbours. I can't imagine not being able to go right outside my unit and/or have sliding doors open on beautiful days like today. I sure as heck don't want to live in an office-type residential building with no opening windows or balconies. Talk about depressing.

Not every building is designed to please UT critics. Some buildings are designed to be practical, i.e. the purchasers.

So it's okay that some of the units don't have an outdoor space? I'd stay away from those units.

I`m talking about ALL-balconies towers, I am not against towers WITH balconies.

Spot the difference:

Please credit the source/original poster when re-posting others' material. Posting someone else's work without credit is a no-no around these parts.

Back