Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

It blends in quite nicely with the rest of Cityplace.

Less the balconies .... I'd argue most city place buildings are quite a bit nicer then this one ...

July 23rd:

hxulT9r.jpg

sXLPIql.jpg

Those last two shots are amazing, MafaldaBoy. Looking quite slender from way up in the CN Tower. Loving the "300" in the paving! Thanks for the pics ;)

It's a POS

Hopefully things are better where it meets the street.

Remember when Tridel was like the cat's ass of condo developers? My how the industry has left it in the dust.

Remember when Tridel was like the cat's ass of condo developers? My how the industry has left it in the dust.

Tridel built good quality buildings (still do?) but I can't think of many that are very remarkable to look at. Too bad, they've had some real missed opportunities this cycle to really boost their reputation.

Colour

Yeah it's pretty bad but walk beside it and it's not so oppressive. The area needs some comforting red brick to bring the scale back to the "real Toronto" style.

Darker tone of a cladding would be more appropriate . Those light colours give to me impression of cheapness...

Dark cladding, light cladding - it's not horrible, but it's not good either. Sadly unremarkable, and there are too many of those. I really wish they'd go all out on their Ten York project and really deliver a surprise.

Dark cladding, light cladding - it's not horrible, but it's not good either. Sadly unremarkable, and there are too many of those. I really wish they'd go all out on their Ten York project and really deliver a surprise.

I have a feeling 10 york will have similar cladding to Pinnacle on the Adelaide. there will be spandrel, but it will be well hidden, and applied with a curtain wall system, or at least a hybrid system like Pinnacle.

It's a POS

Hopefully things are better where it meets the street.

They may not build the nicest looking buildings but they do build quality. A lot of these new buildings may look nice but they are built out of paper. Tridel is still one of the better builders around...if not the best.

Back