Toronto 1Thousand Bay | 104.85m | 32s | Cresford | a—A

Okay, 478 units @ 500 sf each (guesstimated average area) equals 239,000 sf, with the common areas would be a total of maybe 280,000 sf, and according to ThomasJ they are approved for 194,000 sf right now. So what is the chance that the City would grant a ~50% increase in gross floor area?

and there it is....looks like they're sticking at the 32 storeys which is surprising. Mongo, it's more like 478 units @ 800-900 sf each (inclusive of the amenity space/loss factor). so i suspect the ask here is for around 350-400,000 sf.

350,000 sf is 16x coverage which is slightly above where the Five/Nicholas/8 Gloucesters of the world have been/are getting approved. I think it will pass. 350k sf puts Cresford's cost basis at $100/sf for the land which is about where the market is for these prime downtown sites.

FYI, Preliminary Report is online. 307,170 sf, which works out to 14.3x covereage for a land basis of $117/sf buildable.

I'm surprised that with the B/Murano and U condos in the area, they didn't go for more. How could planning justify keeping this to 32 stories while U got 55?

They seem satisfied with 32 storeys. Murano/Burano may be only two blocks south but, it may as well be 20 blocks south. U is also one of those special cases being more than just a private endeavour.

Does it not have something to do with shadowing issues on the park on the northwest corner of Bay and St. Joseph? The park will definitely be in the shadow of this building for a certain portion of the day, but less ground will be covered by shadow than it would if it were taller.

U Condos won't cast a shadow on the park as they are north of it. I'm not sure that U Condos is special for any other reason - it's not more than just a private endeavour.

Does it not have something to do with shadowing issues on the park on the northwest corner of Bay and St. Joseph? The park will definitely be in the shadow of this building for a certain portion of the day, but less ground will be covered by shadow than it would if it were taller.

U Condos won't cast a shadow on the park as they are north of it. I'm not sure that U Condos is special for any other reason - it's not more than just a private endeavour.

correct on all counts interchange.

An application board was just posted on the front of 984 Bay. It shows a 32 storey building to the north and an approx. 13 storey building to the south on a shared podium. 478 units with retail at base. The sign mentions 990 & 1000 Bay but not 984.

6745401707_a12178e8e0_b.jpg

6745400859_8911528a9a_b.jpg

Could be better

Remove the twin mini-tower...create a more interesting and bolder podium...and stack the mini-tower on top of the taller one...

Back