News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

I rode the 7th new train on the Tracks today (5471-5476)

I believe there are 8 in service so the latest train in revenue service is (5481-5486)

And another 3 have been built, so we can expect to see these trains more frequently in the next month (months)

5481-5486 had 2 x 4's in all the doorway's at 8:30 pm tonight, as it pass through Union on its way to Wilson as 196.

Rode 5401-06 north on Yonge and doors still taking 5-6 seconds to open.

I rode a set today from Finch down to Davisville (where we were unceremoniously short-turned and dumped out on the build up track). I didn't catch the set number, but it definitely started to show a slight bit of wear, so it must be one of the first sets.

At any rate, I did not notice any delay with the doors opening or closing. At least no more than the T1s.

I do not know if this has been mentioned in the posts, but I rode the new subway car yesterday and noticed 2 things. One was there is not much to hang onto which I found ridiculous that who ever designed these cars did not take this into account. I mean even the old cars had the handles that come down that people can hold onto. On one side were the doors open people can still stand at the doors because they have that side to lean up against when they do not want to move away from the doors but on the other side it only exists on one side. So how are all these people not suppose to fall all over each other? And even in the middle of the car – nothing to for people hold onto except each other.
The second thing was the ceiling of the cars. In certain areas there is a dropped ceiling and if you are tall it is going to be a challenge
Karen Stinz was on 1010 Talk radio and when it was mentioned to her about not enough places to hold onto she laughed this crazy laugh. I could not believe it. She pretended she did not notice or had not heard about the lack of places to hold onto. And she sits on the TTC Board! She mentioned only mentioned the dropped ceiling and that it may be difficult for tall people. But still why laugh. Unbelievable

But we aren't going to go back through and read 154 pages.

You need to do some reading first when you are new to the group to get a handle on what going on before asking a question first.

I've already had a few ESL speakers ask me what interchange means.

Time for them to learn a new word :) In Hong Kong they also use the word "interchange station" so i'm sure alot of people will know what it means. Can't remember when I was in Singapore and Japan if they used Interchange Station as well...

I asked @TTCchris about the terrible wording and he replied "we will tweak things as we go. 'change here for BD' perhaps".

They should go to London and learn something from them. I found the announcements in the Tube pretty good.

They should go to London and learn something from them. I found the announcements in the Tube pretty good.
Isn't that effectively what they've done by hiring @TTCchris ?

One trick they haven't picked up from London yet. The announcements there are clearer because they spe-ak slow-ly. Makes it much easier to comprehend with all the echoing and background noise.

I disagree that someone needs to read 154 pages before commenting. Thats why I said I don't know whether ti has been mentioned yet. And especially when its just to make a point. No one is obliged to respond to my question.

I asked @TTCchris about the terrible wording and he replied "we will tweak things as we go. 'change here for BD' perhaps".

thank god...at least someone at the TTC is listening to our voices...can't wait to see the improvements!

Look at the train, the municipality of Champigny sur Marne a parisian inner suburbs, used to illustrate the new metro planned.
DSC35921b.jpg

Back