Toronto 110 Eglinton East | 236.55m | 58s | Madison Group | Rafael Viñoly

I absolutely love Emerald City's retail podium. Messy, lively, colourful, fun. I just wish all the signs could sit outboard of the glazing, not on the interior. Can't have it all, I guess!
I suppose to each their own, haha. If we're going messy I'd prefer to go all in Tokyo-style, or classic Yonge Street neon projected from the building facades. Outboard signs would definitely help though.

As would I! Hence my note that I wish the signs were on the outside of the glazing. But to me this is a touch of those great Asian cities in Toronto, even if it's restricted by our ridiculous, protestant, sign bylaw.

(Smiling, with a bemused expression on my face) .........You like Modernism which is all about clean lines and restraint and subtlety, but yet also like its complete opposite with messy, loud, uncoordinated, asymmetrical signage...... How is that?

As would I! Hence my note that I wish the signs were on the outside of the glazing. But to me this is a touch of those great Asian cities in Toronto, even if it's restricted by our ridiculous, protestant, sign bylaw.
Putting the signs on the outside would actually break up the monotonous glass wall somewhat, which would be a serious improvement.

Signage, that's a really good point... I didn't even think about that. All glass podiums with multiple businesses look especially terrible, I really wouldn't want to end up with another Emerald City.

View attachment 424383
You're staring at the future here, the epitome of modern elegance. You will learn to like such things!

Brick and texture were so 19th century.

Someone was watching Eurovision 2022

wsi-imageoptim-stage-new-3.jpg

Any updates on this project? has it been approved? If so, when is the anticipated development start date?

Any updates on this project? has it been approved? If so, when is the anticipated development start date?

It does not appear to have reached a preliminary report in its latest incarnation.

I don't see it listed with the OLT either.

Nor has any Site Plan been filed.

So the shorter answer would have been 'No' I don't have an update.

Back