Toronto 110 Eglinton East | 236.55m | 58s | Madison Group | Rafael Viñoly

Gee, the city coffers are raising a good amount of money from this developmento_O

Section 37 Contribution Upon confirmation from City Staff that the Settlement Plans would be recommended for approval to City Council, our client would agree to include a voluntary Section 37 cash contribution of $2,995,000.00, indexed from the date of execution of the Section 37 Agreement, payable prior to the issuance of the first above-grade building permit for the proposed development, as part of this without prejudice settlement offer. The sum of this contribution is to be allocated towards capital projects within the Yonge-Eglinton area, at the discretion of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning, in consultation with the Ward Councillor.

Section 42 Contribution Upon confirmation from City Staff that the Settlement Plans would be recommended for approval to City Council, pursuant to a meeting on March 28, 2019, with City of Toronto Real Estate Services arid Parks staff, our client would agree to an off-site parkland dedication at 51 Montgomery Avenue paired with an cash-in-lieu contribution of $4,447,340, indexed from the date of execution of the Section 37 Agreement, payable upon issuance of first above grade building permit, in satisfaction of application's Section 42 requirements.

Post-settlement docs now posted:

From the Arch Plans:

From the Landscape Plans:

You can see the Eglinton Green Line that the planners wanted to build.

Ground Floor site plan:

There is also a large level 2 retail space.

I was going through the Midtown In Focus Park Strategy document (from 2018) and came across this rendering. I believe the purpose is to show the Eglinton Green Line proposed along this corridor, and the building rendering pictured is purely conceptual, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

1584828051011.png

I think the forefront is depicting a possible redevelopment of 50 Eglinton Avenue East, whereas 90 Eglinton Avenue East is the building with the punch out balconies in the background.

Kinda seems more interesting than what we are getting.

Last edited:
I was going through the Midtown In Focus Park Strategy document (from 2018) and came across this rendering. I believe the purpose is to show the Eglinton Green Line proposed along this corridor, and the building rendering pictured is purely conceptual, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

View attachment 237350

I think the forefront is depicting a possible redevelopment of 50 Eglinton Avenue East, whereas 90 Eglinton Avenue East is the building with the punch out balconies in the background.

Kinda seems more interesting than what we are getting.

Is that still happening? With the LRT going in it would seem to be a reasonable idea to cut one lane in each direction.

Is that still happening? With the LRT going in it would seem to be a reasonable idea to cut one lane in each direction.
Wasn't the point of the study to determine a preferred cross-section(s) for Eglinton Avenue once the LRT construction was over? If so, i believe it's still happening but I'm not sure about the cost-sharing scheme and who will be fronting the bill (MX or the City...)

The entire "Eglinton Connects" streetscape improvement is not technically funded, but Metrolinx has agreed to construct the portions above the new stations, as well as the stretch from Avenue Road to Yonge Street, which includes a reduction to 3 lanes.

You can already see this happening at Caledonia Keelesdale Station:

march-13-keelesdale.jpg

The city is currently looking to identify funding sources to do the whole thing,

The 12m "green line" setback from Yonge to Mount Pleasant on the north end of the street has been secured in every development approval along that stretch so far,, but it's taking a while. The green line setback requirement when coupled with the amount of office replacement required on most sites along the stretch make them less than ideal development candidates.

Last edited:
y34ewe.JPG
viewSupportingDoc - 2020-07-23T101115.686.jpg
s3sa.jpg
32fwe.jpg

The revised proposal would facilitate the redevelopment of the subject site with a 52-storey, mixed-use development comprised of approximately 50,224.5 square metres of Gross Floor Area of which 13,167 square metres shall be allocated to office space in accordance with the City’s office replacement policies. Notably, the proposal continues to provide for at 12-metre setback at grade from Eglinton Avenue East to allow for a privately-owned public space referred to in City policy as the ‘Eglinton Greenline’.

Back