News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Fair enough. And I can't argue with you for having an opinion.

I'm a "big picture guy" and your a "small details guy" and there is nothing wrong with that.

Fair enough. And I can't argue with you for having an opinion.

I'm a "big picture guy" and your a "small details guy" and there is nothing wrong with that.
It's the small details that make up the big picture. When the small details are off the big picture suffers.

It's the small details that make up the big picture. When the small details are off the big picture suffers.

The big picture here is the concept. The concept here is the Media Square Building.

The small detail is exterior signage of Metropolis (TLS) which as far as I can tell will be an evolving building. It won't stay static, as previous members have stated when the concept proves economically viable the general appearance of the display advertising will improve, not only on Metropolis but on all the surrounding buildings with billboard advertising.

To be honest I don't know who is really suffering because there is a 1 or 2 foot gap between the Sharp sign and the Future Shop sign.

I'm suffering... and it has nutin' do with a sign gap.

You replaced the world's most exquisite avatar with...... a Muppet.

Life sucks. The earth sucks. Every building proposed (or soon to be proposed), under construction or built already in Toronto.... sucks.

God I hate this town.

The uneven spacing between the tilted small rectangular screens bugs me a lot more than the 5 ft space between the big screens.

What I don't understand is why its going to take so long to make the connection between Dundas subway station and the Metropolis. They closed the staircase off of Dundas and put a sign that its going to open summer 2008??

How can it take so long to bridge that gap considering they have already dug the hole?

What I don't understand is why its going to take so long to make the connection between Dundas subway station and the Metropolis. They closed the staircase off of Dundas and put a sign that its going to open summer 2008??

How can it take so long to bridge that gap considering they have already dug the hole?
there's only one explaination.

It's the TTC.

caltrane:

The small picture looks like sh*t, the big picture looks like sh*t x 10. This isn't a project that can even fake it from afar. Then again, it's classic PenEquity.

What do you expect from a firm that brought you moulded plastic fans? I sure didn't expect much.

AoD

I haven't had the chance to take pictures yet, but I earnestly entreat anyone who still thinks this project has any merit to a) walk into the "atrium" doors off of Dundas, and then b) look up. Two stories above you: a corrugated metal roof. It's unbeleivable.

This is the worst building in Toronto.

The big picture here is the concept. The concept here is the Media Square Building.

The small detail is exterior signage of Metropolis (TLS) which as far as I can tell will be an evolving building. It won't stay static, as previous members have stated when the concept proves economically viable the general appearance of the display advertising will improve, not only on Metropolis but on all the surrounding buildings with billboard advertising.

To be honest I don't know who is really suffering because there is a 1 or 2 foot gap between the Sharp sign and the Future Shop sign.
So what you're saying is that any media square building, no matter how ugly, is fine by you? Come on, man! Stop being dazzled by shiny objects and look at the architecture!

there's only one explaination.

It's the TTC.

Nope!! Its TLS

2 new sets of double crash doors are in place in the Dundas Station into TLS with the bottom of the stairwell block off. Protection in place to cover the gap between the stairwell and foundation wall. These doors are to small of an opening into TLS to handle the passengers load in the first place.

Looking through the hole cut in the foundation wall some weeks ago, there is another wall about 4' from that wall that has to be cut also.

Looking down from the main level of TLS, there is a lot of work to be done down there before people can use that level to get too TTC station. Part of that area can be block off to allow riders to use the station in the first place.

Haven't said that, 8 months to do this entrance is 5 months too long.

It was stated at a TTC meeting either in late 5 or early 6 that the new entrance would be ready for Nov 2007.

PLC has already spent 2 months on this entrance and the work has been very slow as make work program.

Unless TTC has a poor cash flow for their share of work, than TLS is the fall guy. It taken, what 8 years to get to where we are now for TLS.

Nope!! Its TLS

2 new sets of double crash doors are in place in the Dundas Station into TLS with the bottom of the stairwell block off.

umm, those doors are temporary. The whole blockade at the bottom of the stairs is temporary. It will be removed once the real doors to TLS are installed.

Back