News   May 10, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.7K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

The Junction

Noticed today that they're installing long-overdue traffic lights at Dundas + High Park Blvd (only a block away from those at Pacific; but if they can be that close on Annette, why not Dundas)

Thanks anitra,

Is there a big dog community in the area?

Hi again - sorry about the delay, was offline for a few days! I would say there is most definitely a large dog community in the Junction area! As mentioned above, nearby High Park has a large off-leash area (Dog Hill) and off leash trails and it's packed with neighbourhood canines. People also walk their pups along the newly opened West Toronto Railpath and a little further away at Sorauren Park in Roncesvalles Village, there's also a friendly off-leash area.
There is a Global Pet Foods and Bark and Fitz near High Park where you can buy high quality food. There are also quite a few folks who dog walk in case daycare is not an option. Can you tell I'm a new dog owner ; )

To add to the potential condo sites, I think the No Frills with its big surface parking lot is a good candidate for a midrise building with a new location at the building's ground level.

The (future SBUX?) Galaxy Donuts' place sure looks hopp'n on the outside, even if it's still filled with smoke and working class folk on the inside:

dsc00229mv.jpg

Keele and Dundas looking up!

Noticed that other than boring Double Pizza that just opened (good to have eyes on the street in this sketch strip) several storefronts just NE of K&D are being renovated--a future cafe in one iirc and an Eco/Green (targeted at women I think) store is opening soon.

Is Lino's Steakhosue any good? (Very focused on the Latino population here, not certain if that strategy is a wise one in the area.)

10 November 2009 photo update

I was very depressed after seeing the SE corner of Quebec and Dundas West for the first time in several months today:

dsc00942cn.jpg

dsc00944pw.jpg

dsc00946n.jpg

Sickening to think in 2009 Toronto, developers/property owners are still permitted to knock down gorgeous buildings....:(

Across the street from Crema (I am beginning to hate this yuppie coffee house, with new tacky furniture installed etc) I noticed a new--bakery?--place is opening soon:

dsc00943i.jpg

A block east, I hope this is just a reno/restoration not another pulldown:

dsc00948uf.jpg

Finally, Bronto Burger is no more. I believe the owners sold their business. Apparently the burgers are still available.

dsc00950p.jpg

StarBucks? Chapters?

Just wondering if there's any word on these stores opening up around Dundas and Keele? Don't know if it's a good thing.

If I had the money, I'd ressurect old chains and on each corner of keele and dundas, I'd have a Bargain Harolds, Beckers, Woolco and a Miracle Foodmart :D

Anyone have pics of the Junction at night or on a rainy day? I think that would look sweet.

Need to move a dresser drawer

Hi guys,

Having trouble moving our dresser drawer up the stairs (as you know houses in the area have tight hallways and tight corners). Any recommendations on movers in the area? Thanks in advance.

Back