News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 375     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 950     1 

The Junction

Sultry new mystery painting at the corner of Dundas and Pacific, who is the artist????

2.jpg

Last edited:
Same person who did the same murals underneath the Annette/Dupont bridge.

is it the guy that did those scooter-headed figurines around queen west and liberty village/king west, along the lines of the banksy thing? if so, that may be a better indication of gentrification in the junction than a starbucks :p

Last edited:
Does anyone know what they are doing to the building on the southeast corner of Keele and Dundas? I see the brickwork being fixed but are they sandblasting the rest of the building as well etc?

Thanks

^Hmm, a future Starbuck's location? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised....

I saw today that Bronto Burger (home to Toronto's best french fries, imho) is for sale.

ya seems like an eventual no brainer. that spot has to be lucrative. but i think right now they are taking advantage of the restoration assistance from the junction business community.

http://breakingprojects.com/junctioneer/?p=4786

Thanks Sungs. This is what I guessed although the article does not mention the specific building.

I wish they'd re-build the towers that these buildings (and a lot of other Toronto buildings) used to have.

A lot of details like towers and crowning ornamentation weren't of high quality and were eventually removed. It would be great to see some of these elements restored with modern engineering.

The Junction: Toronto's Car Wash Capital

There is a car wash being proposed for the old McBride Cycle site. If you're concerned about what this means for the neighbourhood and the Dundas St. West retail strip, come to a meeting on September 16th. For more information go here:
http://breakingprojects.com/junctioneer/?p=5102

Does Gord Perks actually think the Junction needs another car wash?

^No! It needs a 6-8 story loft building, sorta like Freedville meets King East. Think red brick, aA involvement.... Otherwise, I've been thinking what else the Junction needs to give it a serious kick in the ass: The Junction School of Art--a 3 year diploma place sorta like OCA was back in the eighties.

Hooked--do you live on Hook Av?

Back