News   Apr 25, 2024
 360     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

The Junction

That would the building at 1011 Lansdowne I was referring to.

An article on the building - it is much improved from what it was, although not out of the woods. I don't know who owns the east tower (same guy? TCHC?) but it looks like it needs an overhaul.

If you can wait the years for it to complete (IF), there 6 Lloyd Avenue in the St. Clair Avenue West and Keele Street area. See this link.

17-12-2013-2-09-12-PM.png

If you can wait the years for it to complete (IF), there 6 Lloyd Avenue in the St. Clair Avenue West and Keele Street area. See this link.

17-12-2013-2-09-12-PM.png

That looks like a great development. Very close to my parents house and acceptable distance from work. I really like the Junction and want to be a part of the growth. Timing would be an issue as I really need to get out of the place I'm currently in but I will definitely look into this development more. I think the Stockyards shopping center will help revitalize the area as well.

A few "features" you might look for or ask for, based on this week's ice storm, are:

• are the electrical supply cables underground or overhead? It would cost the builder's more to run the conduit underground from the pole to the building, but at least that section would be protected, if not the whole street.
  • standby generators? To supply some power for the heating (ignition and fans or pumps), hot water (pumps and ignition), and at least one elevator if possible.

A condo building that large will likely be fed underground to a main transformer vault. Condo or apartment buildings usually have 2 supplies - 120/240V which is the normal voltage that operates your appliances, wall outlets etc. And then the 600/347V which operates your elevators and other large motors and such.
The 120/240V supply is sometimes fed overhead but I've usually only seen this on small low rise apartment buildings.

Anyway, its surely something important to inquire about to be certain. The standby generators is a good idea.

To be quite honest Lloyd Avenue etc/Stockyards area is beginning to look more like big box suburbia than the relatively urban streetscape of the Junction south of the tracks.

I am curious about what's going on with the Rogers Eastern building. Anyone know?

To be quite honest Lloyd Avenue etc/Stockyards area is beginning to look more like big box suburbia than the relatively urban streetscape of the Junction south of the tracks.

I am curious about what's going on with the Rogers Eastern building. Anyone know?

Check junctioneer.ca for info on that building. I think that the Stock Yards will eventually be redeveloped again into a more urban mixed-use area. There's now a mixed use condo planned for the old Benjamin Moore site on Lloyd Avenue.

IMO, the new Stockyards development is far more urban than big box suburbia. In fact, I think it's "modern" shopping power centre done right. South of St. Clair = Garbage. Just a hodge-podge mixture of big box without any coordination between developers / landowners.

Does anyone here own or rent a unit at 816 Lansdowne? I just wanted to get your thoughts on that development/area and maybe your opinion of long term stay. Yesterday I went to see a few units for sale and you really can't beat the price especially in a location with a subway station 5-10 minute walk away.

FYI, the Rue Morgue building (2926 Dundas West) has been completely demolished. Huge loss for the neighbourhood that happened with very little opposition by locals. I've yet to see a development plan for the building or any information. The developer has been very good about keeping it under the radar.

No one knew it was going to happen. They didn't even post their demolition permits in front. The loss of that building which somehow had no heritage listing caught everyone by surprise. A lot of people are upset. It had one of the most distinctive facades in the neighbourhood. We'll be taking steps to make sure all buildings that are significant are heritage listed or designated. This demolition reinforces the need for a heritage conservation district. Apparently, the permits say that the facade will rebuilt, but that could mean anything from careful reconstruction to some ordinary new facade. It seems at this point like the owner tried to take advantage of the lack of heritage listing and take it down quickly before any opposition could mount.

Last edited:
FYI, the Rue Morgue building (2926 Dundas West) has been completely demolished. Huge loss for the neighbourhood that happened with very little opposition by locals. I've yet to see a development plan for the building or any information. The developer has been very good about keeping it under the radar.

That's a shame. I have walked by it many times for many years.

Never knew what it looked like inside?

Hi everyone,

So I've been on the hunt for a condo, and have been looking at the Junction area. I have found a unit that meets a lot of my criteria by lansdowne and dupont, specifically 816 lansdowne ave.

Does anyone have experience with the building here, or if the area is a worthwhile location for investment? From my reading, it seems like the area is gentrifying with a lot of new condos popping up, and new stores (metro, shoppers, etc) and it could be a great place 5+ years down the line

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:

Back