1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 595     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 892     0 

The Junction

Welcome to the Junction Mr Campbell :)
wQVOM6t.jpg

When growing up in the Junction, that used to be a United Cigar Store and further west was the "Alps" restaurant.
I think it had a fire and did not reopen?

Also my barber, who is apparently being forced to move because of rental increases since the renovation.

I would shed no tears if kang electronics, wong cafe, and celts pub went somewhere else or ceased to exist. I'm fairly certain that 2 out of 3 of these are not actually legitimate businesses.

Well, the antique store is still going (found some cool china/carnival glass there), but I will say the electronic place has gotta go. The Sub shop's still going as well.

Also my barber, who is apparently being forced to move because of rental increases since the renovation.

I would shed no tears if kang electronics, wong cafe, and celts pub went somewhere else or ceased to exist. I'm fairly certain that 2 out of 3 of these are not actually legitimate businesses.

Wong's is gone, the antique guy is closing...

Does anyone know if the Korean Church at High Park and Annette ever sold? I don't go by that intersection too often, but noticed recently that the Colliers signs have been taken down.

Well, the antique store is still going (found some cool china/carnival glass there), but I will say the electronic place has gotta go. The Sub shop's still going as well.

A couple of months ago the cruddy sub shop on that prime corner had a sign proudly celebrating 40 years at that location...and just a few weeks later it was gone. The entire block of this beautifully restored Victorian building is now vacant with the exception of 2 businesses - the art supply store and that awful Celt's pub which is frequented by shady types. I'm guessing the owners are just waiting for those leases to expire before they fully renovate all the retail spaces and get some higher quality tenants in there.

I read a few weeks back on a local blog that A&W will be taking up shop where the Sub shop used to be. I only quickly glanced at the floor plan, but the next unit or two on Keele adjacent to it may be part of the plan.

Back