News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Target

Oops. I made an error for the location of Hillcrest Mall. I placed the point at Bathurst and Rutherford, not Yonge and Carrville, where it should be. I apologize to the people of York Region for this blunder.

UPDATE:

Here are the fixed maps (with the correct location of Hillcrest Mall):

6gxvo6.png

(without Stockyards)

dm8rgn.jpg

(with Stockyards)

Last edited:
Where's the one at Erin Mills? Surely that's getting converted..

Still hasn't been announced. Can't imagine why they would take Westdale over Erin Mills. Unless they plan to sell the Erin Mills lease back to the mall so that the mall can add more retailers.

Still hasn't been announced. Can't imagine why they would take Westdale over Erin Mills. Unless they plan to sell the Erin Mills lease back to the mall so that the mall can add more retailers.
I agree that Erin Mills would be a more logical choice than Westdale, since Westdale is closer to Square One than it is to Erin Mills and Erin Mills is larger.

Honestly the Westdale location baffles me... I guess it could be part of some secret plan that us mere mortals cannot decipher.

Are we taking any bets that Target goes into the newly approved 4 new floors of the Atrium? This would make a lot of sense as to why a key downtown location has yet to be announced.

Friend of mine mentioned the Square One location would be a/the flagship store. They said it was mentioned in the mall newsletter. Not sure how accurate that report is and even if it is, what it means. Do they mean it's THE flagship, or just A flagship?

A couple of interesting developments:

Most, if not all, of the Target Apparel stores are now going out of business. This is the company that had challenged Target's right to use its name in Canada; the suit was settled a few months ago.

On the more immediate front (at least for me), the Ajax Zellers store is now liquidating.

A couple of interesting developments:

Most, if not all, of the Target Apparel stores are now going out of business. This is the company that had challenged Target's right to use its name in Canada; the suit was settled a few months ago.

On the more immediate front (at least for me), the Ajax Zellers store is now liquidating.

We all know that Target Apparel was the retail equivalent of a patent troll. Its purpose (extort money from Target) has been served.

Shoppers World Brampton is now liquidating - but only 20% - 40% off, and selling the fixtures and equipment. This is one of the first leaseholds to be re-opened as a Target.

We all know that Target Apparel was the retail equivalent of a patent troll. Its purpose (extort money from Target) has been served.

Shoppers World Brampton is now liquidating - but only 20% - 40% off, and selling the fixtures and equipment. This is one of the first leaseholds to be re-opened as a Target.

Trinity Common also liquidating. I assume Bramalea City Centre too but since I am hardly ever there I cannnot confirm that.

Locating a flagship store in a mall in Mississauga seems like defeating the purpose of a flagship store.
Surely a big mall like Square One would have many flagship stores.

I'd think a target would be a flagship store in any mall that is in.

Keep in mind the context of the original discussion. Could it be that Target is a flagship store for the mall, rather than the chain.

Surely a big mall like Square One would have many flagship stores.

I'd think a target would be a flagship store in any mall that is in.

Keep in mind the context of the original discussion. Could it be that Target is a flagship store for the mall, rather than the chain.

I think they meant for the chain. It would make sense since Target's Canadian offices are in Mississauga.

The new Target is the same as the existing Zellers looks

Yesterday at Square One, crews were busy removing the old Eaton's entrances that Zellers didn't really touch (when they converted, they did add large elevators to their old Eaton's stores for carts). I guess this is why this Zellers closed early - as Target needs to work on the exterior as well as the interior.

Back