News   Aug 22, 2024
 545     1 
News   Aug 22, 2024
 702     0 
News   Aug 22, 2024
 562     0 

Star: Leafs to make a logo change

A new logo? I don't think you should be able to change it until you win a Stanley Cup.

Actually there have been many logos over the years. I wonder what they will do to the jersey? I like the current jerseys, including the third one. As long as they don't go back to the 70's/80's jerseys.

The_Evolution_Of_The_Toronto_Maple_Leafs_Logo.gif

Again, 1933-66 is the "classic" version and the likely jumping-off point for anything new--but it's kinda odd to consider that the present logo's already lasted *longer*...

That is a good point Adma..the current logo has lasted longer than any other..so which is the "classic" one? :)

The one I'm referring to, because it's the one used in special-event type games, etc...

Toronto Maple Leafs to Change Logo
Team executive says leaf will be modernised
By: Chris Creamer - sportslogos.net
December 2, 2006

www.sportslogos.net/article.php?n=4974

It hasn't been touched in 25 years, but a team executive says the Toronto Maple Leafs will be changing their logo for the 2007-08 season.

According to an article in the December 2, 2006 edition of The Toronto Star, the club will unveil a modernised 'leaf-silhouette' at the All-Star Game in January, when all NHL teams are expected to be unveiling their new 'form-fitting' uniforms.

The uniforms are reportedly to remain nearly the same, with the only changes, other than the logo, being in the fabric rather than the design.

Other teams have been rumoured to be making drastic changes, including the Dallas Stars and Boston Bruins, but these claims have yet to be confirmed.

Haven't been able to unearth anything on this...guess it was overhype on the NHL's new uniforms on display at the All Star Game...but changes are coming next year,,in the uniforms at least if not the logo.

If the result is anything like the shitty new livery on Toronto Police cars, then I don't want to know about it.

So I'm not the only one that hates new new-look TPS cars. They look really tacky and dare I say it, cheap.

When trying to improve its image, the NYPD rolled out the cars with the "CPR" statement and going mostly white from mostly blue, but they still look serious.

There's something that screams out York/Peel/Durham Region about the new police cars; maybe it reflects where the flatfoots have chosen to live...

20070219_policegraphics.jpg

greyhound_bus_t.jpg

Whoever is responsible for this should be fired.

Back