News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 386     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 963     1 

Sightings ...

Saw Mel Lastman a while ago at the Sears store downtown looking at perfumes with his wife. I said hi, both he and his wife were very nice.

Adam Vaughan...on Queen St West@Portland--on foot. (Haven't really followed Toronto TV and politics during the past 7 years; shocked to see Adam is looking old.)

Atom Egoyan...on Queen St West@Ossington--in his black Prius. (Dude, that car is so passé.)

Urbandreamer...on Queen St West@everywhere--dreaming....

Maybe he just wanted a car that's a little more environmentally friendly than one with 20-year-old pollution-control technology, not to mention more reliable than one from the Big Three's nadir.

I always see Atom in his Prius...from Little Italy to Queen West to the Annex. I think he owns one because that was the (c.2004) trendy Hollywood film maker thing to do. It's a good car, and I used to like it, but I've discovered the Prius actually gets worse mileage than many other vehicles--Honda Fit, Toyota's own Yaris, Rabbit Tdi, Honda Civic, even some midsized cars. So Prius is actually just a brand, like that LEED thing: hype over real substance.

Because a mint condition 1986 Ford Taurus has already been built, it actually is more environmentally friendly. Buying a Prius on the otherhand, drives up demand for more production, more waste, more transportation, more more more....

Honestly, if I were buying new I'd either go for a Toyota Yaris hatchback (cute, practical, quality) or a Chevrolet Avalanche (attractive, practical, f-the environmentalists:) or Range Rover Sport (f-everybody!) But by the time I actually do buy a car, Air cars will be the trendy toy....:)

I always see Atom in his Prius...from Little Italy to Queen West to the Annex. I think he owns one because that was the (c.2004) trendy Hollywood film maker thing to do. It's a good car, and I used to like it, but I've discovered the Prius actually gets worse mileage than many other vehicles--Honda Fit, Toyota's own Yaris, Rabbit Tdi, Honda Civic, even some midsized cars. So Prius is actually just a brand, like that LEED thing: hype over real substance.

That's not true. The Prius has way better mileage than the Civic, including the Civic hybrid. I believe it also beats most of the other cars you mentioned, and of course it's much bigger than all of them.

Because a mint condition 1986 Ford Taurus has already been built, it actually is more environmentally friendly. Buying a Prius on the otherhand, drives up demand for more production, more waste, more transportation, more more more....

Old cars make up an extraordinary amount of the air pollution in our cities. Some cars that age don't even have catalytic converters. The best thing we can do is get old, especially poorly-maintained, cars off the road.

Back