News   Mar 18, 2024
 651     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 747     0 

Shoppers Drug Mart

Apparently, the beauty boutique at the Yonge/Bloor store (Hudson's Bay Centre, concourse level) won't be ready for a while, according to a sales person, perhaps not until January 2014. According to her, there have been some issues about the plan. All they know is that it's happening.

This is pretty impressive as fails go.

AoD

Kind of frightening that this company has designed its systems such that, if they fail, it forces the closure of the entire retail network owned by that company. Not one store. Not one region. Not one banner. All the Loblaw-owned chains.

Doesn't seem like a good way to run things, even if they were able to get it all back online fairly quickly.

So what's the deal with the Shoppers on Yonge, south of Bloor? It's been under renovations for over a year (or at least it seems that way) and is still operating that super-tiny mini store.

Damn, what a waste of such a prime location.

I disagree. I think this is the perfect place for it. That's what this part of town is for. But I do wonder where the Hardrock will go. There aren't many good stand-alone locations in this area that would make sense for them. The article says they are having trouble finding a spot near by, and it will be a while until the new proposals in the area are finished.

Why? I just like more retail diversity.

Aren't SDM's franchised anyhow? I'm not sure if they can easily close the other locations.

I don't object to Shoppers at that location per se, but just wish the tenant was a little less common/more interesting. Shoppers is fine. But depressing when a lot of the retail outlets surrounding the square can also be found in a mall in Newmarket.

Back