News   May 10, 2024
 3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikey, the second generation

Question: how many folks out there in teevee land actually know who Mikey’s parents are? If so, do they really care?

The Fords sell themselves as a brand and a breed. All that really matters in this context is that Mikey is Dianne’s grandson.

OTOH, to ensure his future electoral success, would Mikey be better off being seen as St Rob’s son, Doug’s son (Kybo), or Kathy’s?

betsy powell @powellbetsy
Moderator going through list again after many no candidate shows. Crowd is thinning out. "Doug Ford is hopefully still coming," he says

He can speak to a dozen people!

"Douglas Ford you're expected in 15 minutes," moderator jokes. Candidate speaker has run dry. Organizer on mic talking about Markland lore

Typed too soon Doug Ford is here. "Needing little introduction, Doug Ford, sir," moderator says.

Last edited:
olivia, believe it or not, pulled out a transit plan on a napkin -- at an arts debate -- and there's a great photo circulating on twitter with morgan doing a full two-handed facepalm in reaction

Byugl6vIIAAxbK8.png

I can't see exactly what Ari's facial expression is, and his body language seems neutral. Tory's seems to be more bemused somewhat. Baskin's reaction is pretty much the same as mine. Doug seems to be enjoying a relaxing enema.

More serious mode, I caught the last half of this debate online. I thought Chow was doing ok until she did this, not spectacular but ok. She has a creative arts background, she knows the difficulties of being in an often unappreciated, little understood or cared by most people, understands the arts is actually a very competitive field, and she's got arts cred in an obvious art friendly venue. She also knows, or I hoped she knows that artists can often be unfairly I think, stereotyped for being too "artsy fartsy out there" and can't be taken seriously. (Think of a bad stereotype of a post modern artist whose work consists of a single spoon on top of a cardboard box, with the title "And Thus Spake Schroedinger photonic movement #9")

So why she did this "art piece" in the debate, I'm kinda gobsmacked. Chow seems to be fighting on multiple fronts in this campaign, including herself. That is not beneficial for her IMO.

Byugl6vIIAAxbK8.png

I can't see exactly what Ari's facial expression is, and his body language seems neutral. Tory's seems to be more bemused somewhat. Baskin's reaction is pretty much the same as mine. Doug seems to be enjoying a relaxing enema.

More serious mode, I caught the last half of this debate online. I thought Chow was doing ok until she did this, not spectacular but ok. She has a creative arts background, she knows the difficulties of being in an often unappreciated, little understood or cared by most people, understands the arts is actually a very competitive field, and she's got arts cred in an obvious art friendly venue. She also knows, or I hoped she knows that artists can often be unfairly I think, stereotyped for being too "artsy fartsy out there" and can't be taken seriously. (Think of a bad stereotype of a post modern artist whose work consists of a single spoon on top of a cardboard box, with the title "And Thus Spake Schroedinger photonic movement #9")

So why she did this "art piece" in the debate, I'm kinda gobsmacked. Chow seems to be fighting on multiple fronts in this campaign, including herself. That is not beneficial for her IMO.

It's an arts debate...it was clever.

Somebody buy Olivia a portable whiteboard. Please?
Anything else?

ETA: translate the same diagram from one medium to another, and they taste different, don't they?
(props to Prof McLuhan)

Last edited:
there are no huge bombshells left that will have any impact on the election.

Other than potential real-time bombshells yet to happen, of course. Y'know, the DoFo-goes-berzerk variety, or the Ford Nationals go berzerk variety, etc...

Anyone else get the feeling that Doug had one kid then kept having more in the hopes of having a son? I just can't picture him wanting four kids.

First rule of truly random occurrences (like the sex of a newly created zygote): they're clumpy.

I've always felt Rob's son was named Douglas after his brother and not his dad, for the very reason that Doug Jr. had no male offspring.

Other than potential real-time bombshells yet to happen, of course. Y'know, the DoFo-goes-berzerk variety, or the Ford Nationals go berzerk variety, etc...

I really want to see someone call his dad a failure and an asshole in front of some TV cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back