441     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 430     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
B2eSOkyxoZ8jAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

judemacdonald
Perfect. MT @normwilner: Doug is now actively claiming credit for everything the mayor's office has done in the last four years. #TOpoli
14-09-29 3:17 P

judemacdonald
Excellent. “@HeatherCTV: Gravy Train 2.0? "Stop the Cash Grab" appears to be Doug Ford's new campaign slogan #TOpoli http://t.co/qQcAq5iJHj”
14-09-27 3:27 PM

judemacdonald
Agreed. Slogan may prove problematic. More to come, very soon. “@_Confessor: @judemacdonald @HeatherCTV I'd rather stop Doug's power grab.”
14-09-27 3:33 PM

Anyone else get the feeling that Doug had one kid then kept having more in the hopes of having a son? I just can't picture him wanting four kids.

Jude would not 'troll' anyone or any forum. Do you have any idea how hard Jude has worked to help us be rid of the festering oozing sore that is the Fords? A lot.

we're getting trolled.

there are no huge bombshells left that will have any impact on the election. rob won't be brought to account in any meaningful way.

Anyone else get the feeling that Doug had one kid then kept having more in the hopes of having a son? I just can't picture him wanting four kids.
Oh I can. He wanted to be doug 2.0. Stil king of a castle with a ballbusting wife that he can keep in line.

Jude would not 'troll' anyone or any forum. Do you have any idea how hard Jude has worked to help us be rid of the festering oozing sore that is the Fords? A lot.
Totally agree GeekGirl. Jude works hard to make Toronto a better place to live, so if she says something is coming, I believe her. I also agree with expat that it probably won't impact the outcome of the election, but at this point in the Ford Follies, who the fuck knows.

i'm not saying jude is making up anything, or trying to fool anyone. and i'm sure she's worked hard. but it's going on a couple of weeks, i think, that this story has been 'imminent' and eventually this place turns into an echo chamber in which we effectively troll ourselves. i'd wager that jude's story is going to be about a procedural matter at city hall and its main impact will be to further upset those of us who are already upset. i would LOVE to be wrong and will be the first to eat some sort of metaphorical hat if it turns out that jude's got a game-changer up her sleeve.

at this point, though, i feel the shark is jumped. the election will boil down to a ugly fight over toronto's basest instincts and nobody but the (frequently poor, dark-skinned) bit players in the ford crime drama will ever be brought to justice.

I tend to agree with you, expat. And even if it's worse than a procedural matter -- it won't change anything. The Fords have no shame, there's no way something could come out and cause them to pause, hang their heads and declare that they must withdraw and beg forgiveness -- for they have brought disrepute on the city. Those who already aren't voting for a Ford don't need to be swayed. Doug's not winning his run anyways, and Rob probably is winning his (I wish it weren't true because Andray's really great and would be fantastic for Ward 2). At this point Ford supporters are "all in" so they will find away to defend it no matter how bad it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 680
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back