307     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he DIES AND WINS, 2nd place person will serve?

If a candidate dies before voting day they will try to keep his/her name off the ballots. If that's too late they will post notices at polling stations. Any votes the deceased candidate receives are discarded, so if dead Rob gets the most votes the "second" place candidate would indeed be first. If they die after the election but before swearing then council fills the vacancy by appointment or election.

"Rob told me he had stomach pains this morning at breakfast "at Perkins."

I've never been to Perkins, so out of curiosity, I checked out their breakfast menu.

Has anyone tried the Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Platter breakfast?

"A fried chicken fillet and American cheese inside two fresh baked biscuits, topped with cream gravy. With two eggs, two applewood smoked bacon strips and choice of hash browns, breakfast potatoes or fruit."

View attachment 33509

Not sure what they ordered from the menu. The Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Platter is 1800 calories.
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/ca...chicken-biscuit-platter_f-ZmlkPTIwMzQ2MQ.html

Should I be embarrassed to admit that looks good?

On the topic of endorsements, which papers do people think will endorse which candidate? I wonder if the Sun would endorse Doug Ford or be safe and choose Tory.

If a candidate dies before voting day they will try to keep his/her name off the ballots. If that's too late they will post notices at polling stations. Any votes the deceased candidate receives are discarded, so if dead Rob gets the most votes the "second" place candidate would indeed be first. If they die after the election but before swearing then council fills the vacancy by appointment or election.

The Municipal Elections Act is quite clear:

39. If a certified candidate for an office, before the close of voting on voting day, dies or becomes ineligible to hold the office,

(a) if no candidate would be elected by acclamation as a result of the death or ineligibility,

(i) the election shall proceed as if the candidate had not been nominated, and

(ii) the clerk shall omit the candidate’s name from the ballots or, if they have already been printed, shall cause notice of the candidate’s death or ineligibility to be posted in every voting place;

(b) if another candidate would be elected by acclamation as a result of the death or ineligibility, the election is void and a by-election shall be held to fill the office. 2009, c. 33, Sched. 21, s. 8 (21).

The Municipal Elections Act is quite clear:

39. If a certified candidate for an office, before the close of voting on voting day, dies or becomes ineligible to hold the office,

(a) if no candidate would be elected by acclamation as a result of the death or ineligibility,

(i) the election shall proceed as if the candidate had not been nominated, and

(ii) the clerk shall omit the candidate’s name from the ballots or, if they have already been printed, shall cause notice of the candidate’s death or ineligibility to be posted in every voting place;

(b) if another candidate would be elected by acclamation as a result of the death or ineligibility, the election is void and a by-election shall be held to fill the office. 2009, c. 33, Sched. 21, s. 8 (21).
Close of voting ...

I can see what may well happen next a mile away ... we're clearly stuck in some kind of telenovela here.

Have we all been Redshirted or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back