559     4 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 863     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't help but think that we're getting played here. It's the Fords we're talking about. Truth, humility, perspective, honesty, all of these are alien concepts to them.

If this is true, then my initial reaction is I think we will see RoFo drop out of the race. He had to stay on the ballot in case it was benign.

Of course, my gut/logical reaction is likely wrong.

He'll stay on the ballot. If he wins and dies council will call a bi-election and Doug or Mikey will run.

"Rob told me he had stomach pains this morning at breakfast "at Perkins."

I've never been to Perkins, so out of curiosity, I checked out their breakfast menu.

Has anyone tried the Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Platter breakfast?

"A fried chicken fillet and American cheese inside two fresh baked biscuits, topped with cream gravy. With two eggs, two applewood smoked bacon strips and choice of hash browns, breakfast potatoes or fruit."

View attachment 33509

Not sure what they ordered from the menu. The Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Platter is 1800 calories.
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/ca...chicken-biscuit-platter_f-ZmlkPTIwMzQ2MQ.html

Last edited:
Daniel Dale @ddale8
Doug Ford was emotional during his comments. None of the statements so far from the mayor or his family have been promising.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Via @SadiyaAnsari: Asked if the family is keeping its spirits up, Rob Ford's wife Renata told CTV, "We're trying."

Either they are playing up a lesser diagnosis on Diane's orders, or Jimmi T's source is correct.

I don't care at all if he's sick, dying or in any pain...do you really think that lying fuck would give a shit about any of you?

Exactly what I was thinking. If Rob had the power to live by giving 10 of us his cancer, then guess what: 10 of us would be dying.
Some people are giving him way more sympathy than he would offer in return.

This guy punches his friends in the face and makes them pick up the fries.

If Rob's diagnosis is that grim, and he is at some point sent home, falling off the wagon is a given. Based on past behaviour, I can see him thinking "F*ck it, I'm dying anyway" and will go out in a flame of crack and booze. And Ford Nation will ask "can you blame him?" Sigh.

I'd actually say "Can you blame him?" too.

Though even if this is terminal, it would be hard to think that someone who was running up the long stairs at the Don Mills subway station a week ago would go so quickly.

Ya, a week ago RoFo was flying around on subway stairs etc... now he is on his deathbed? All we have so far is Dr. Cohen mentioning a large "mass" five days or so ago.

I care on the level that he's a human and it's inhumane to wish illness or death on anyone. He's an asshole who's been effing with us for many years, but I still wish he would've gotten tossed out of office by vote or, even better, criminal conviction.

If he wasn't physically violent and dangerous I'd be more inclined to wish him well. The fact that it seems increasingly unlikely that he'll ever be seriously taken to task for his crimes puts me on the fence a bit. I will say that I never wanted Ford to go out this way, just because it's so damned unsatisfying, and only builds up his legend for the easily mislead.

"Rob told me he had stomach pains this morning at breakfast "at Perkins."

I've never been to Perkins, so out of curiosity, I checked out their breakfast menu.

Has anyone tried the Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Platter breakfast?

"A fried chicken fillet and American cheese inside two fresh baked biscuits, topped with cream gravy. With two eggs, two applewood smoked bacon strips and choice of hash browns, breakfast potatoes or fruit."

View attachment 33509

Not sure what they ordered from the menu. The Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Platter is 1800 calories.
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/ca...chicken-biscuit-platter_f-ZmlkPTIwMzQ2MQ.html

"I'm on a diet, so I'd better get the fruit instead of the potatoes."

Exactly what I was thinking. If Rob had the power to live by giving 10 of us his cancer, then guess what: 10 of us would be dying.
Some people are giving him way more sympathy than he would offer in return.

This guy punches his friends in the face and makes them pick up the fries.

Two dozen 911 calls to his house. The guy is violent, and I'd go so far as to call him a monster. If I were to say it wouldn't break my heart if something took him off the planet, I wouldn't be saying it lightly.

That's terrible news.

Making him run in Ward 2 makes even less sense.

Is there any indication that there could be cancer-causing side-effects from any of various drugs he's admiitted to using?

My sources say he was occasional user of anything ( guinea pig) but huge booze and smoker of weed. There are some reports that have weed as a provolactic of lung cancer but booze in excess is a proven carcinogen. Crappy food too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back