499     4 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 836     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, whatever, I don't care what his motives are for doing it, I just want confirmation that he does! Because I seriously f*cking doubt that DOUG FORD donates a significant amount of money to charity every year.

I think he probably does, but for the same reason corporations do---it's a write-off. This all depends on how rich Doug really is, though.

FWIW, I have received Forum calls on my cell phone. It is, however, a 416 number that was ported from my long-time landline.

The thing about that is that everyone gets a tax write-off for charitable donations, and obviously the bigger the income and donation, the bigger the write-off. Depending on what Doug makes from Deco, his yearly charitable donation could come close to his Councilors salary, especially if that salary bumps him up to a higher tax bracket. when he says he's donating his salary to charity, what he probably means is that he donates an amount roughly equal to that to charity, because the government makes it beneficial for rich people to do that.

ETA: I don't really know what I'm talking about here, just floating a concept. Anyone around who actually knows something about taxes or accounting that could confirm/debunk this theory?
Since I generally disbelieve almost everything any of the Fords say I suspect that any charitable donations are small but we will never know as their existence could only be revealed by the charity/ies themselves (not likely and if one did and it was a small then Ford could say 'there are others') or by the CRA revealing his tax return (not legal) or by Ford posting his tax assessment (ha!)

I think it's expected to be released this Friday.

My recollection is that the Crown is flagging info it wants redacted and that the balance will be released. There may have to be new hearings to put further portions of the ITO in the public realm.

OMG -- Struwwelpeter!! My grandmother used to read those to me. The little girl who played with matches, going up in flames; the Blackamoor (if RoFo had been read to in a decent childhood, he'd use that word rather than n-----. To all UTers, and you especially fishie, if you EVER have a chance to see the musical of Struwwelpeter, move heaven and earth to see it. It is HILARIOUS and so creative. It came to the Wintergarden many years ago, and I still get occasional spasms in my laugh-muscles. For Suck-a-Thumb, start at 3:15-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVSp-fYUQc

Wow! That was awesomely creepy! I shall not sleep for a week. Thanks, stoob! (Thanks a lot!:eek::eek:)

Goes off to comb hair, trim nails, hide matches, be kind to people and animals (including dogs and hares), sit properly in my chair, eat my soup, watch where I'm going and mind the bad weather! :D

be grateful; if the sound had been on you probably wouldn't be able to keep your food down. :p

Speaking of Wormington, Domise got a good jab at him on Twitter:

Andray A. Domise ‏@AndrayDomiseTO 12m
.@Shark_Na_TO @Pt_Credit_voter @MrIanMacIntyre @joe_warmington I do not have a dedicated publicist masquerading as a serious journalist.

I'm actually hearing now that it is indeed cancer and it's spread. Pretty legit source.

That wouldn't be surprising at all.

I'm actually hearing now that it is indeed cancer and it's spread.

If this is true, then my initial reaction is I think we will see RoFo drop out of the race. He had to stay on the ballot in case it was benign.

Of course, my gut/logical reaction is likely wrong.

If this is true, then my initial reaction is I think we will see RoFo drop out of the race. He had to stay on the ballot in case it was benign.

Of course, my gut/logical reaction is likely wrong.

Except that now he can't be removed from the ballot, so he'll probably win even if he announces he's dropping out.

Why would he drop out?

To focus on his health and family? If the cancer has spread, one has to think it is a long, arduous road back, if one can come back at all. Denial of everything is his defualt position though, so who knows?

I hope to God that Ward 2 residents wouldn't elect a man close to his deathbed. That would just be insane. What then, a by-election between Andray and Mikey?

To focus on his health and family? If the cancer has spread, one has to think it is a long, arduous road back, if one can come back at all. Denial of everything is his defualt position though, so who knows?

I hope to God that Ward 2 residents wouldn't elect a man close to his deathbed. That would just be insane. What then, a by-election between Andray and Mikey?

Depends on if Mikey wins his election, but I doubt that will happen.

If Ford is indeed sick with cancer, I wonder if that will factor into Nordheimer's decision whether or not to release the documents to the public on Friday.
Why would it make any difference? If Ford had to be in court it is obvious any appearance would be postponed for medical reasons but this not a hearing (and in any case Ford is not a necessary participant). It is for a decision about the release of documents (kept sealed by the police).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back