News   May 10, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement from Andray Domise, posted on his website (emphasis mine):

Domise has been endorsed by John Tory; I think I read elsewhere (twitter, perhaps?) that Domise is aligned with Tory's campaign. Kouvalis has been expecting the old switcheroo all along. A lot of Domise's rhetoric has been directed at both Rob and Doug, even though neither of them was his opponent and even before Mikey was floated as a candidate.

I know this may be wishful thinking on my part, but if Kouvalis has been preparing Andray for this all along it could get very interesting in ward 2. I love the line that I highlighted in his statement. I think it's the shot over the bow.

I remember when Mikey Ford registered in Ward 2 and Domise said on Twitter that he wasn't surprised at all. As you indicated, he isn't dumb and expected certain things to happen.

Kathy is an insider.

And she has no reason to stick with the family line.

My bad. Just caught up on the background to this. No go.

And Huffington Post discovered that until a few days ago, dougfordformayor.ca just had an image of Doug / John Tory and below it, saying, "You don't want Doug Ford, vote John Tory"

I'd like to believe Doug had something to do with this website registered in May...but I don't think that's the case.

Please TorStar and any other mainstream media, please find a Scarborough resident for your "man on the street interview segment" who does not fit the media narrative of "Scarborough Loves Da Fords", because I guarantee there is more than a few of us out there. Even with the few examples in that article, it's like the Star is going out of it's way to make sure the takeaway message is Ford gets much love from Scarborough. You know what, maybe I actually am in the minority in a sea of Ford loving Scarberians, but Eff. Da. Fords. Robber and Druggie -are- the tumors of this city.

Read the article, they weren't just ford fans. I wasn't going to read it because I thought it was all about how Scarborough loves the fords but it wasn't .

But that's my point - if they're doing this simply because they're afraid that Rob wouldn't win the mayoral race, but they want him to still have a place on council to keep his name out there and active in city politics, I think he could have done that fairly easily by dropping out of the mayor's race and giving a minor reason that being mayor at this time is too much, but he could still be an effective councillor (addiction recovery, less stress as a councillor, or even that he has a less serious health issue) without requiring all this hoopla, and he would have easily won ward 2, looking forward to a comeback for mayor in 2018.

I feel very bad for Domise. What a shame. He would have been brilliant.

Do not count Andray Domise out! He will muster more support out of this for certain. I already donated to him and I don't even live in ward 2. If he were to debate Rubbie, it would be a blood bath. I would pay money to watch.

Everyone needs to do whatever they can--donate, volunteer- especially on elxn day to call his supporters and make certain they have voted.

We cannot give in to the FoFam!

Because if he was ahead in the polls, he wold have stayed and so would Mikey. Mikey would then vote against everyone just like Doug does now. Then in a few years it would be Mikey's turn to be mayor and the dynasty would remain.

I get that, but I still think it could have been done without faking possible cancer. That said, we're obviously not dealing with normal people, so who knows what their thought process was through all of this. Maybe drama and hoopla is their default setting. Thanks for your responses!

Do not count Andray Domise out! He will muster more support out of this for certain. I already donated to him and I don't even live in ward 2. If he were to debate Rubbie, it would be a blood bath. I would pay money to watch.

Everyone needs to do whatever they can--donate, volunteer- especially on elxn day to call his supporters and make certain they have voted.

We cannot give in to the FoFam!

I hope you're right. We need more of him running our society. He reminds me of Jack Layton, in that his vision is infectious.

Read the article, they weren't just ford fans. I wasn't going to read it because I thought it was all about how Scarborough loves the fords but it wasn't .

I read it as well, and perhaps it is my own interpretation, but that particular Star article still seemed to be 'we're gonna be fair and balanced, let's show both sides of the story'. Which to be blunt, I have little patience for nowadays. Maybe my temper is growing shorter since I've dealt with a lot of people who have seriously said to me, 'well you gotta admit at least Ford did great as a mayor by saving the city all those millions of dollars.' edited clarification: The people who said that to me are often not from Scarborough, or even from TO. But more than a few assume I'm obviously a Ford fan when they learn where I'm from.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.jpg

The "Scarborough Loves Fords" meme is a tumor that needs to be cut out.

Last edited:
Do you think he is telling the truth?

I think he's probably telling what he thinks is the truth, but I also think that his version of the truth is tainted with a lot of bias and hyperbole. Just from my observations since all this craziness started.

eta - also with maybe a bit of internet fame going to his head.

Last edited:
If the polls were in Rob's favour he would run as mayor. Doug didn't want to be a councillor again so he would have gone to Chicago, Rob would have stayed in the mayoralty race and Mikey in Ward 2. Contingency plan was what is happening today.

I hope the media is looking into Metro Man's comments.

Agreed. There has been plenty of foreshadowing of the Doug takes over from incapacitated Rob all along. This whole thing reeks. Doesn't matter if the "mass" is benign or malignant, Rob's health crisis has been deliberately used for political gain.

CityNews Toronto @CityNews
Where does Doug Ford stand in the FIRST poll since joining the mayor's race? Find out on @CityNews at 11. #Topoli

Irene Gentle @IreneGentle
Does Doug Ford's mayoral entry change the race in the early go? Exclusive Toronto Star/CityTV Forum poll out at 11 #topoli #RobFord @ddale8

Wow, they already have a poll!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back