1.3K     0 
News   Jun 04, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 04, 2024
 661     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with VintagePunk. I don't get all the hoopla if the goal was simply to get Rob to safe electoral territory. Let say his tumor was detected months ago. He could easily have disclosed the problem this week, said treatment makes it impossible to continue the mayoral campaign, but he'll be right as rain in a few months and eager to get to work on behalf of Ward 2. Instead, the family was carrying on today like it was a funeral — and Rob is still in hospital. Why would Mt. Sinai keep for so long if his mass was just a big lump of fatty tissue or a sac full of blood?

As for MetroMan's claim to have a family insider say Rob's tumor was discovered in May, well, who would that be? I doubt it would be someone truly in the compact after all the stuff MM has said about Brazen II, Russian mobsters, imminent arrests etc. etc. So, as OSS, said earlier, it points Kathy. Is she credible, assuming she even knows who MM is? Is MM getting first-hand info, or is this pass-along gossip? Is he suggesting Rob doesn't have a serious medical condition?

It's all so vague and confusing. I hope someone is able to pull the threads together — sooner rather than later.

CityNews Toronto @CityNews
Where does Doug Ford stand in the FIRST poll since joining the mayor's race? Find out on @CityNews at 11. #Topoli

Irene Gentle @IreneGentle
Does Doug Ford's mayoral entry change the race in the early go? Exclusive Toronto Star/CityTV Forum poll out at 11 #topoli #RobFord @ddale8

Wow, they already have a poll!
Is it an actual poll or just the online poll on the citynews website?

I remember when Mikey Ford registered in Ward 2 and Domise said on Twitter that he wasn't surprised at all. As you indicated, he isn't dumb and expected certain things to happen.

To everyone feeling sorry for Andray Domise: in an interview maybe a month ago, can't track it down at the moment, he flat out said that he fully anticipated the possibility of running against Rob in the end, and his campaign was preparing for it. He saw this coming, and now that it's here I'll bet a lot of heavy resources will suddenly swing his way. This could get a lot more interesting than the Ford camp probably expects.

Is it an actual poll or just the online poll on the citynews website?

Good question. I did see some polls up on various sites about this that would be far from scientific.

To everyone feeling sorry for Andray Domise: in an interview maybe a month ago, can't track it down at the moment, he flat out said that he fully anticipated the possibility of running against Rob in the end, and his campaign was preparing for it. He saw this coming, and now that it's here I'll bet a lot of heavy resources will suddenly swing his way. This could get a lot more interesting than the Ford camp probably expects.

Well said.

Good question. I did see some polls up on various sites about this that would be far from scientific.

I think this is a Forum poll co-sponsored by the Star, City TV and another media outlet. (Can't recall) Forum tweeted about it this afternoon.

ETA: I just checked. The Star and CityTV commissioned the poll.

Last edited:
If this has been planned since May, what are the odds that Donovan can ferret it out somehow?

I also wonder how Doug is tied to Brazen. Is he a target, kept out of the released ITO? Jimmi?

Like VintagePunk, I don't get why Doug is running. There is no way he can win, he has to know that. Deco is sinking, does he even want to win? I can see why Mikey was in, because if Rob won the mayoralty , he's Doug's replacement in the dynasty. But what's Doug's end game? Maybe he is just off the charts narcissisticly delusional?

This is fucked, Daddy.

If this has been planned since May, what are the odds that Donovan can ferret it out somehow?

I also wonder how Doug is tied to Brazen. Is he a target, kept out of the released ITO? Jimmi?

That's why I asked a while back if Brazen II was a sequel to a Brazen I, or whether it referred to two brazen individuals - if it had been the latter (it wasn't, it was the former), I would then have wondered if the II were Rub and Tug.

So are we all agreed that Doug's fake candidacy is just to provide air cover for Rob to win his council seat back?

Not at all. I think Doug really believes he can win, that anything Rob can do he must obviously be able to do better. This is a man who clearly believed through every moment of his brother's mayoralty that he would be the better mayor. Now he's got his chance.

But I suspect there's also a larger strategy at play wherein losing is no big deal: the silver lining of his failed bid for the mayoralty will be a run at the PCPO leadership. They probably imagine Doug will be able to pull a John Tory, ostensibly parlaying what the family Ford believes will be a strong showing in the mayoral race into a more worthy crown.

Not at all. I think Doug really believes he can win, that anything Rob can do he must obviously be able to do better. This is a man who clearly believed through every moment of his brother's mayoralty that he would be the better mayor. Now he's got his chance.

But I suspect there's also a larger strategy at play wherein losing is no big deal: the silver lining of his failed bid for the mayoralty will be a run at the PCPO leadership. They probably imagine Doug will be able to pull a John Tory, ostensibly parlaying what the family Ford believes will be a strong showing in the mayoral race into a more worthy crown.

So much for seeing him in Chicago.

Kathy won't talk. She needs her trust fund.

She already did talk to the cops though.

Heard on 1010 earlier (can't remember from whom, there was quite a large panel including Towey, Batra and 1010 folks) that DoFo was a backup ever since the football CoI (if Ford didn't win appeal or was unable to run) his brother would take over the mayor race. The idea of DoFo as stand in for RoFo is nowhere as new as being hatched in a hospital room a day or two ago. Even "Mayor Mel" knew about this idea. Of course we had Kouvalis spouting stuff as well as general media chatter.

Blatch sure said what she thought. I would never go as far as comparing TO with North Korea, but I guess that was hyperbole to get the point across. This family sure does feel entitled. At Doug's presser tonight the only one who seemed really upset was his Mother and some woman who was behind Doug's right shoulder who kept replacing her sunglasses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back