1K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.8K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with ideas on what this might be?

TheGrumpierHobbit ‏@AGrumpyHobbit 1 hr
A little bird told me there is something big brew in the pipeline that will hit #topoli this week

Can't tell if this Ford news, but it did remind me of this other recent cryptic exchange I posted a few days ago:

Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia Sep 5
#robford walks into debate, calls fact he has been subpoenaed in Sandro Lisi extortion old news #topoli pic.twitter.com/xgC1QKcZoM

Rob Ford Must Go ‏@robfordmustgo Sep 5
@CityCynthia It ain't. /CC

Jude MacDonald ‏@judemacdonald Sep 5
.@robfordmustgo @CityCynthia I'll have new news soon, for what it is worth. As will @Soknacki2014. Because the Fords keep on giving. #Topoli

Joyce Ball ‏@jb100 Sep 5
@judemacdonald @robfordmustgo @CityCynthia @Soknacki2014 Hope that's the 2000 page FOI.

Jude MacDonald ‏@judemacdonald Sep 5
Soknacki: Yes. Me: No. “@jb100: @judemacdonald @robfordmustgo @CityCynthia @Soknacki2014 Hope that's the 2000 page FOI.â€

further down...

TheGrumpierHobbit ‏@AGrumpyHobbit 1h

@itsgottobegood hey the bird is teasing me too, no idea at what he is hinting

he, so it likely isn't related to whatever jude has... unless it's info from a source a step or 2 removed...

Could they be talking about things Jimmi T has been saying on the thread? It could all just be a big feedback loop.

BwtMsajIAAAsY5F.jpg

https://twitter.com/torontoist/status/507583710351212545/photo/1

Attachments

• BwtMsajIAAAsY5F.jpg
    BwtMsajIAAAsY5F.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 757
Subway was closed from Lawrence to Bloor for track & signal work yesterday. I didn't go to the parade either, but another result of it was that the subway shuttle buses got royally snarled from north of Rosedale south to Bloor, as cops at New St. narrowed the southbound lanes to only one (for a time) before closing the lanes altogether. The packed bus I was on had to detour over to Avenue Road via New St. and Davenport, both totally snarled and creeping along, then had to crawl south on Avenue to Bloor where construction has totally ripped up the intersection. Driver was finally able to let us off at Museum. My trip from St. Clair station to Dundas Square took over an hour. (And those shuttle buses seem to be dredged up from really old rolling stock the TTC keeps on hand for such high-demand periods; there's no air conditioning.)

Painful public transit, this.

Is this kind of tear-up-the-road disruption is what you’d get with subways subways subways? Consider that a preview of the next 10 years, then.

Anybody under 30 or over 50 voting for subways to make their daily travel easier may find they are onto a different life stage by the time their new station gets opened. If you want relief anytime soon, you might have to settle for improved bus service.

An individual’s investment in Toronto’s transit plan is an exercise in civics and an investment in the future. It’s not about making today’s driving faster or an instant better way to use your Metropass.

And don’t forget that each person removed from the roads for blood alcohol, non-payment of fines, or other “legal†reasons – like a doctor’s tip-off phone call about an alcohol-dependent patient – is one more person who needs public transit.

(Rob Ford and subways? Oh puhleez! What year did he last ride the subway? He doesn’t even *eat* at Subway… )

Mayor Rod Ford’s advocacy for Deco client greater than first reported, documents show

In June, 2011, Mayor Ford’s office summoned the bureaucrat in charge of expropriation, Tim Park, to a meeting to explore whether the city could acquire 7,000 square feet of land so that Apollo could use it as parking space for 24 vehicles, the records show. The land sought is owned by Suncor Energy Inc., the oil and gas giant that owns a tank farm next to Apollo’s plant.

[...]

When Mr. Cresswell learned that expropriation – a mechanism the city utilizes when it needs to force the sale of privately owned land – was being considered, he e-mailed Mr. Park. “Are you involved because somebody floated the idea of expropriating land from Suncor for additional parking? Sheesh,” he wrote on the morning of June 17, hours before the meeting.

In reply, Mr. Park said he reminded the mayor’s office that the city can only expropriate land for public use and not private interests, but to no avail. “Despite the fact that I explained we can only do that for municipal purposes. … I’ve still got to go up there and do the dog and pony show,” he wrote.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...irst-reported-documents-show/article20464295/

Last edited:
Could they be talking about things Jimmi T has been saying on the thread? It could all just be a big feedback loop.

No, I don't know what Jimmy is referring to lately, but the little he's mentioned has nothing to do with my efforts ... which I won't go into any detail about right now.

I can't speak to any little birds and what they say to others.

Last edited:

Reminds me of an interview done in the late '70's....CityTV (can't remember the interviewer Chinto, Daley, Vaughan, Onley well it was someone) of Tom Wardle Jr and the Eaton's Shoppers World washroom...it pretty much ended his political career...

There was a parody done of that interview by SCTV interviewing Mayor Tommy Shanks....I'm wrong it wasn't Shanks...it was a character done by Martin Short IIRC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back