2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marg Delahunty ambushed David Miller when he was mayor, but it was a couple of minutes that passed by and was forgotten. By blowing it out of proportion, Rob Ford, Doug Ford, and their clique, extended that moment into days.

That's what her charactor does, though usually not at the homes of high profile political types.

So where are the tapes today for His Worship to vindicate himself?

It just gets funnier and funnier. Ford wasn't sure if Mary Walsh was a lady or a man in drag. Asked by the 911 operator if the attackers had any weapons, Ford replies "cameras." :D

"He kind of starts speaking a mile a minute, he's scared, he's nervous, you can hear it in his voice," a source said, describing Ford's initial mood in the 911 calls.

Ford is repeatedly asked what his name is, after repeating it a few times he says, "I'm the mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford."

The dispatcher asked Ford what is happening, the source said.

"I'm being attacked," Ford states.

The mayor couldn't identify who was attacking him and was then asked if the attackers had weapons.

"They've got cameras," Ford reportedly said.

He said Thursday he has never seen the 22 Minutes show and didn't know who they were.

"You had one big guy and a lady who looked like a guy dressed up or, I don't know, I couldn't really tell," Ford said.

The dispatcher asked Ford what is happening, the source said.

"I'm being attacked," Ford states.

The mayor couldn't identify who was attacking him and was then asked if the attackers had weapons.

"They've got cameras,"

ha ha ha

Talk about misrepresenting the situation. You call 911 and say you're being "attacked", they are obviously going to assume you are in physical danger.

When in fact what was really going on, is that Ford quickly decided that he didn't want to be part of whatever media gag was going on (which he was obviously conscious of) and then in his usual impulsive way, started making up various bullsh*t stories that don't hold up later.

Last edited:
"I said f*ck...but I didn't say b*tch"

Alrighty Rob....I guess your good to go then.

I love the 6 year-old deflection technique.

What a whacked out society we live in. If I were to turn on my TV and tune into MTV (a station aimed at teens I'll remind you) I'd hear the F-word being thrown around like a common adjective. I suppose it's hip and cool if you're a Much Music Veejay, Snookie, or Steven Tyler.....but god forbid a politician drops an F-bomb in a private phone conversation.

Why are we not focusing on why confidential 911 dialogue was leaked to the press? Or why the CBC feels they have the right to trespass on private property. Mind you, from the station that uses tax dollars to fuel Don Cherry, and Kevin O'leary's nonsense I can't say I'm surprised.

Snookie, MTV and Steven Tyler aren't representing their city's government and citizens..

As mayor he has much higher expectations than that waste of space Snookie. (At least I hope so..)

cgguy:

if they are engaging in home invasion I would agree with you - but they're on the driveway for crying out loud. If that's trespassing, then sorry, he should have been calling 911 every time the God squad comes along for their rounds.

And so is speculating on unconfirmed transcripts of a supposed 911 call.

Then why not release all of it to clear the air? Surely in the interest of truth we'd all agree that's the best way?

AoD

And so is speculating on unconfirmed transcripts of a supposed 911 call

The unconfirmed bits aren't even important at this point...what we KNOW happened is bad enough.

And BTW....discussing the contents of a 911 call is only a problem if it endangers someone or hinders a legal case. And if someone leaves their house and you step a few feet on their driveway to talk with them is not trespassing.

People who make these lame excuses up to defend the undependable or because they have some wrong-headed Sun TV inspired bias against the CBC is the very reason this city is stuck with a Rob Ford for mayor.

cgguy:

if they are engaging in home invasion I would agree with you - but they're on the driveway for crying out loud. If that's trespassing, then sorry, he should have been calling 911 every time the God squad comes along for their rounds.

Then why not release all of it to clear the air? Surely in the interest of truth we'd all agree that's the best way?

AoD

I get all of that, but I'll continue to play Devil's Advocate. Ford's had multiple death threats and was advised to call 911 under any circumstance in which he feels unsafe. Sure he could have handled the situation himself by running the CBC people out of his yard, but he would have been undoubtedly chastised for that too.

It's not as if Mary (whatever her name is) was looking to conduct a fair interview, In one sentence she managed to insult both him and his brother. "Keep the muzzle on Doug"? "Take the wool out of your ears and shove it in your mouth"? ...Jeez, I can't understand why he wasn't willing to talk.

I get all of that, but I'll continue to play Devil's Advocate. Ford's had multiple death threats and was advised to call 911 under any circumstance in which he feels unsafe. Sure he could have handled the situation himself by running the CBC people out of his yard, but he would have been undoubtedly chastised for that too.

It's not as if Mary (whatever her name is) was looking to conduct a fair interview, In one sentence she managed to insult both him and his brother. "Keep the muzzle on Doug"? "Take the wool out of your ears and shove it in your mouth"? ...Jeez, I can't understand why he wasn't willing to talk.

It's sort of part of her schtick though and she does the same thing to politicians of all stripes and affiliations... which is sort of what makes it pallatable and funny to all, including the politicians themselves. I would imagine that it is kind of like a sign of having arrived, of legitimization, to be ambushed by her in this way, no???

... which leads me to believe that in some strange way Ford must come by his obtuseness rather honestly. In other words, most politicians would be surrounded by advisers urging them to play nicely with the 22 Minutes crew, to view it as an opportunity to gain some likeability points. This only goes to show how much of a tin ear old Rob has when it comes to politics, PR, the media and public opinion. By the grace of god he somehow rode a gravy train into office and will likely sink along with it, wondering all the while just what the hell he did wrong.

In other words, most politicians would be surrounded by advisers urging them to play nicely with the 22 Minutes crew, to view it as an opportunity to gain some likeability points.

Exactly. You can't really avoid it, so you make the best of it. The outcome is really dependent on the "victims" ability to handle themselves. This Hour has gotten lots of reactions over the years, but I bet they never in a million years expected this kind of reaction. Leave it to Rob Ford to invent a new level of FAIL for a politician.

By the grace of god he somehow rode a gravy train into office and will likely sink along with it, wondering all the while just what the hell he did wrong.

Right about all points except the part where he would wonder what "he" did wrong. Rob Ford has probably never taken any responsibility for anything he did wrong in his entire life. That's why he lies. And when he's caught in the lie...he just repeats the lie or deflects the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back