News   Apr 26, 2024
 619     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a dilemma.
You believe the Police Chief and the CBC are liars, you believe the CBC and the Police Chief is a liar.

I'd want to believe that Chief Blair is telling us the truth along with Bob & Doug, but why no release of the tapes to truly put this to rest? Why did the CBC quote multiple sources that they double checked with and got the same alleged rant? I don't know what to believe. I'll be watching to see if there is a follow-up on The National tonight.

You believe the Police Chief and the CBC are liars, you believe the CBC and the Police Chief is a liar.
McDonalds will be serving Crow Pie tomorrow, all the usual Ford haters on this thread, and we all know who you are, will dine free.

Whether or not what was said on the tapes is exaggerated or not, it doesn't change the fact our mayor was yet again caught acting very badly, and yet again, making up lies and using them as an excuse to justify his very bad behaviour.

Whether or not what was said on the tapes is exaggerated or not, it doesn't change the fact our mayor was yet again caught acting very badly, and yet again, making up lies and using them as an excuse to justify his very bad behaviour.

Fries with your pie sir?

Marg Delahunty ambushed David Miller when he was mayor, but it was a couple of minutes that passed by and was forgotten. By blowing it out of proportion, Rob Ford, Doug Ford, and their clique, extended that moment into days.

So what..is there some type of rule that states that everyone has to deal with it the same way.:confused:

Ha...I bet Blair must be some pissed. He can't figure out who he'd rather strangle first...Ford or his own people. How something so benign as a comedy sketch could go so bizarrely wrong to manage to get his department on the front page of every newspaper and news show. Hell...I bet this story is just goofy enough to make it onto international news depending on how slow a newsday it is there.

I'd want to believe that Chief Blair is telling us the truth along with Bob & Doug, but why no release of the tapes to truly put this to rest? Why did the CBC quote multiple sources that they double checked with and got the same alleged rant? I don't know what to believe. I'll be watching to see if there is a follow-up on The National tonight.
I'd want to believe that too but if incidents like the G20 conference and the Robert Dziekanski incident have proven anything, it's that police aren't always honest, right up to the highest levels. Maybe that's not the case now, but even if Rob Ford didn't say what the article said he did (and that's a big if), the fact that so many people believed he did says a lot about the man. He's been caught losing his temper and verbally abusing people before, in open council no less, so doing the same to a 911 operator is entirely believable.

I'd want to believe that too but if incidents like the G20 conference and the Robert Dziekanski incident have proven anything, it's that police aren't always honest, right up to the highest levels.

Holy Mary mother of god ...now the cops are corrupted and on Fords side..lol:D
Who the heck can you trust now-a-days.
dunno.gif

but even if Rob Ford didn't say what the article said he did (and that's a big if), the fact that so many people believed he did says a lot about the man. He's been caught losing his temper and verbally abusing people before, in open council no less, so doing the same to a 911 operator is entirely believable.

Whether or not he did or didn't say specific things that are alleged, the things he did say and admit to saying constitute uncalled for, uncivil and disrespectful behaviour unbecoming of the mayor. The very fact he was mis-using the emergency services and then lying and expressing that he should be excused from that behavior is just icing on the cake.

And yes, this sort of thing is "normal" for him. I love how as part of his incoherent babbling excuse making, he keeps mentioning "I've had death threats", as if that factors into anything here. And quite ironic coming from a man who's been arrested and charged with....uttering death threats. ha ha

Aren't there laws in place which prohibit this from happening? I'm astounded that anyone in public office can get away with this.

I'd take Blair at his word. Although he made some dubious statements in the aftermath of the G20, overselling the weapons collected and making accusations toward the one complainant, I couldn't see him going to the wall to protect Ford after this kind of failure. They are fudging a little in a lawyer's way when they stick to declaring that those exact reported words weren't said. Released tapes would probably still be embarrassing to Ford, even if he didn't say the reported words, as it's his nature to be rude and aggressive, especially when agitated. A rumour grew from that behaviour and it was embellished. The CBC reported rumours. Maybe the CBC website isn't vetted to the same standards as radio and TV news. Poor editorial choices by the CBC - as was the 22 minutes producers' decisions to go to Ford's home - but I wouldn't classify it as lying. Looks bad all around.

Police Chief Blair has issued a statement.

I'd call it more of a non-statement.

But the guy had to say something for PR damage-control for 911 services. I'll bet there is some serious internal wrist-slapping, as I find it unlikely that the CBC simply fabricated their "sources".

This is good for Ford, as his stupid move that instigated all of this can be deflected to TPS and the CBC. Where Ford is involved, absolutely anything, no matter how small, can turn into a train wreck.

Now here's a real story:

Ford outsources business cards to his family’s firm.

This is a conflict of interest of there ever was one!

Well, actually it's a very minor case of conflict of interest. Which is itself, the problem.

Anybody with half a brain, would simply eliminate any possibility of a conflict of interest by no longer doing business with the city, as soon as you became an employee of the city....on principal. The amount of money involved is insignificant to the company, and not having the possibility of a conflict of interest issue is where the real value is.

But like I said...that's what a smart person would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back