1.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reporter (whoever he was - I think it was a male voice) is an idiot and probably has all his fellow reporters pissed at him. For the first time in memory, Ford was actually responding to questions...that question gave him the opportunity (and probably the right) to turn around and leave...and he did.

It seemed to me as I watched that someone had said to him "no more lies....if they ask the right question give the right answer" Who knows what else (with properly worded questions) he might have said today.

I seriously doubt Ford would have kept answering questions. He was going on about how reporters hadn't asked the right questions, which is completely false. Ford ran away then, just like he ran away now. Also given what we know about Ford drinking on the job, the question wasn't entirely inappropriate.

It seems there is already a number of people down there. Norm Wilner has suggested to me that we should move it up to tomorrow. Thoughts?

Does the "why not both?" meme apply? Both tomorrow and next Wednesday?

This to me is a great approach. Like the occupy movement.

From the Globe:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...turmoil-at-toronto-city-hall/article15265209/

Progressive Conservative Leader Tim Hudak suggested that Doug Ford would still be welcome to run for the Tories in the next election. The older Ford brother would have sought the party’s nomination if an election had happened earlier this year.

“We’ll see when the election happens and what Doug’s intentions are,†Mr. Hudak said as he left Question Period. “I’ve got nothing to say about the goings-on at city hall I’m focused on the provincial issues here today.â€

He said Doug Ford “will make decisions down the road,†and it would be up to the riding association to decide whether to give him the nod.

PC MPP Doug Holyday, who until last summer was Mr. Ford’s deputy mayor, declined to weigh in on the turmoil surrounding his former administration.

Asked about the dispute between Doug Ford and the Chief, he said: “I don’t like to see it, but it’s not up to me to say whether it’s appropriate or not.â€

Mark these words - as to Doug H's comments - if you can't say whether the issue before you is appropriate or not in crystal clear terms, I have the rest of us have very, very good reasons not to entrust you with making policy decisions on behalf of the citizens.

AoD

Mayor Rob Frod ‏@TOMayorFrod 1h
My office continues to function. Phone calls are being returned and emails responded to. #Toronto #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/2TRkOTL2rK
BYU4uBjCIAA9Mzj.jpg:large

Curtis Rush:

Lawyer Clayton Ruby says he is "lying again" and "lashing out. It's an early stage addict behaviour."

Early stage? I'd be tempted to go with late stage, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Robyn Doolittle
@robyndoolittle
Just to be clear - the media, myself included, has asked Mayor Ford repeatedly if he HAS EVER used crack cocaine. He's never answered.

Parkdale:

Not really, they wore kids gloves and just asked the question, and moved on - and rarely if ever said "but you also said this on such and such a date about this, and I quote".

AoD

Yes, this. Good journalism in temerity and tenacity (sort of), but not in basic interviewing/scrum skills. Every one of those media campouts at his office has been a massive embarrassment for journalists in this town.

As much as it may have caused the 'press conference' to end early, I don't ever want to be angry at journalists, who ASK the questions, only those who don't.

From twitter:

Mayor Rob Frod ‏@TOMayorFrod 23m
I know it's a bit anticlimactic but I was also lying about LRTs too. They're not so bad really. #Toronto #TOpoli

I also admit to making racist and homophobic remarks, but like I said, I was in a drunken stupor. I'm OK with fags when I'm sober. #TOpoli
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Now that I've cleared the air, I'll be launching my re-election campaign with a promise to smoke PCP. #Ford2014 #Toronto #TOpoli

I now appeal to the media: please do not ask questions about Anthony Smith. Or hookers. #AnythingElse #Toronto #TOpoli

I also apologize for the spelling mistake in my last tweet. #TOpoli

I'm very disappointed that the media took 5 months to ask the right questions. Yes, if course I've smoked crack. #Toronto #TOpoli

Don Peat
‏@reporterdonpeat
Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly says Mayor Rob Ford will be making an announcement #TOpoli

Resignation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back