News   Apr 26, 2024
 487     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep us posted on the crowd please.
The rally has to happen today, even without being organized. I think it'll come together spontaneously if people just show up today chalking up the square. We don't have to wait for City Council to meet, they're there right now in their offices overlooking the square.

nfitz:

It's a huge and courageous first step for Rob Ford.

Please, this isn't courage, this is someone getting cornered and having to own up to increasingly indefensible lies. True courage would be someone who didn't have to get prompted umpteen times and accuse others of lying when they themselves are the biggest lie.

AoD

The rally has to happen today, even without being organized. I think it'll come together spontaneously if people just show up today chalking up the square. We don't have to wait for City Council to meet, they're there right now in their offices overlooking the square.

It's Million Mask March day today, I would imagine it would be easy to get people down to City Hall. November 5th, the day to fight corruption in government.

If we dilute the effort it won't be as effective in my view. Odds are we will need it as much next Wednesday as today. And today is impossible to do well. Please help us keep it focused on next Wednesday.

We may still need the rally on the 13th but these things have to react to real time news. There's no better time than now. Besides, it's already begun:

BYVBBF0CAAECceR.jpg

Well, my head is blown. I didn't think he'd admit it. And if I had to admit something like that, I'd have had a good stiff drink first too ...

I wonder what he thinks will happen next. I think that he thinks this ends it. I don't think so. Surely the US media are now booking their flights to Toronto ...

But in the end ... what's new? We all knew this already.

It's a huge and courageous first step for Rob Ford. Hopefully he finds the help that he needs.

The thing is, he has to realize that HE needs help. From all the admissions made so far, Ford feels that he has no issues to deal with.

Now if we could just turn all this media attention into a positive.
Maybe Rob should be doing his press conferences from all our top tourist destinations...
Maybe doing the Edge Walk at the CN tower, In the tank at Ripley's or from a turret at Casa Loma?

Really...once a mayor has admitted to smoking crack while in office, there ought to be a mechanism to remove him from office.
The province needs to step in and change the Toronto act to make this a possibility.
I also think it's time for all of council to be drug tested annually with the possibility of random drug tests.

So the wiretap evidence comes out, Ford is shown to solicit drugs many, many more times, and today's selective confession becomes yet another lie.

So the wiretap evidence comes out, Ford is shown to solicit drugs many, many more times, and today's selective confession becomes yet another lie.

Nope, because today he referred to CRACK cocaine. Once the wiretap info comes out, he will highlight the fact that he's never been asked specifically about powder cocaine.

Nope, because today he referred to CRACK cocaine. Once the wiretap info comes out, he will highlight the fact that he's never been asked specifically about powder cocaine.

And this would be his defense, too. "You guys never ASKED me about COKE, now did you? Eh? No, you didn't."

I'm guessing the office staffer/possible dealer story is not hitting the presses today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back