470     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mwahaha:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

It should be noted, Mayor Rob Ford accused reporters of not working after spending day at his mom's house, at home & buying sausages #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m

Zing! RT @SunDoucette At bakery, Mayor Ford took a shot at media while at bakery saying, "You never worked a day in your lives." #TOpoli

AoD

And what has Rob Ford worked for in his life? He is a career politician with a wealthy family

So you're suggesting that getting elected to city council multiple times and subsequently getting elected to the highest office in the biggest city in Canada is not work by your definition?

Would love to see what you've accomplished to date.

And what has Rob Ford worked for in his life? He is a career politician with a wealthy family

Whenever I ask that exact question of Ford Nation I get told "He runs a successful business!!!!!". At this point I realize I've already lost and try not to waste too much more effort on it.

I think you're right to criticize Ford for not working, but not because he's a career politician. Lots of politicians work very hard, every day. Most municipal councils are part time politicians who hold full time jobs. Painting an entire occupation with a broad stroke is not cool.

edit to add: Stephen LeDrew just called Ford out on his "it's before the court" comment. Wows.

So you're suggesting that getting elected to city council multiple times and subsequently getting elected to the highest office in the biggest city in Canada is not work by your definition?

Oh, i know you're not going to try to defend his work ethic. He's out, today, right now, telling reporters they're not working while he cries to ma-ma and buys sausages. City hall is open today. We now know he spent working hours getting drunk with drug dealers and making pick ups and drop offs. He's a lazy, drunk, oaf.

His getting elected didn't require a lot of work, it required money and bluster, two things he has in spades.

Of course it's work (but only if you manage to show up at the office on a regular basis which Rob does not). But the problem is that Rob runs around masquerading himself as the "everyman" while shouting jingoistic catch phrases and accusing everybody else of laziness and corruption. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and ridiculous.

Mwahaha:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

It should be noted, Mayor Rob Ford accused reporters of not working after spending day at his mom's house, at home & buying sausages #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m

Zing! RT @SunDoucette At bakery, Mayor Ford took a shot at media while at bakery saying, "You never worked a day in your lives." #TOpoli

AoD

You see, in Rob's world, if you get caught sleeping on the job, you deserve to be fired right away. Not going to work though when you are being paid on taxpayer's dime, well that is okay right folks? Ford should fire himself on the spot for leaving work early yesterday and not showing up to work today.

Well that completely flew over your head

Rob Ford likes to claim he is the only one who does any work.......then is out and about attending to personal affairs during business hours

I'm well aware of how hard good politicians work

But Ford's supporters are the type who always criticize politicians as being lazy..........except Rob Ford who is recorded doing personal errands all day

Of course it's work (but only if you manage to show up at the office on a regular basis which Rob does not). But the problem is that Rob runs around masquerading himself as the "everyman" while shouting jingoistic catch phrases and accusing everybody else of laziness and corruption. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and ridiculous.

Not to mention that currently today he's been home and at his Mom's house when he's supposed to be working. There are also very few days where he shows up to work before 12:30. The Mayor's job is not to go meet up with constituents (that's the job for a ward councillor), or to show up with 8 city hall staff members to stare at a pot hole. His idea of "work" is not "work" a Mayor is responsible for.

Again, who gives one single crap about Ford Nation? They believe in a known liar and seriously ill alcoholic and drug abuser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back