News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 926     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

BlogTO: Elevated eats coming soon to Pearson Airport

- Guy Rubino will bring his take on Japanese food to Terminal 3 in the form of Acera
- Master Sommelier John Szabo and Brock Shepherd of Burger Bar and the Kensington Brewing Co. will team up on cocktail bar concept
- Szabo will also help select the wine for two new wine bars imaginatively named Vinifera
- Mark McEwan gets in on the fun with a burger bar called Nobel and a panini bar called Fetta.
- Claudio Aprile envisions a global tapas restaurant called Trillium.
- What would all this be without Neapolitan-style pizza? Not to worry, Pizzeria Libretto's Rocco Agostino has that covered with Corso.
- Don't forget the street food! Hemant Bhagwani of Amaya will offer Indian-style street food place at Marathi
- Devin Connell of Ace Bakery will bring two bakeries called Heirloom to terminals 1 & 3

This is the McDonald's in Greenwin Square. I think the space they're displacing is a Pizza joint

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 3J6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 153954 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 13, 2012

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing ground floor restaurant to expand into adjoining tenant space - "McDonald's" Proposal also includes altering the storefront.

This is the McDonald's in Greenwin Square. I think the space they're displacing is a Pizza joint
Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing ground floor restaurant to expand into adjoining tenant space - "McDonald's" Proposal also includes altering the storefront.

Looks like they will be taking over the Budget Rental space. The Pizza place (panzerotto pizza) is next to (west of) Budget. I always thought it was kind of an odd location for Budget.

This is good news regarding McDonald's. The current space is tiny and often times there is no where to stand when lining up to order. It's a mess that I am happy to see being addressed.

13 Hayden St. - formerly the Foccacia take-out restaurant is papered up after only a few months as a shawarma place. Wonder what happened?

Out of all the chains Wild Wing is one of the worst. Expensive frozen chicken wings out a box with your choice of 101 flavors of wing sauce. They also offer a wide range of deep fried foods like deep fried cheese sticks, pickles, peppers, even mac n cheese. Or go for healthier dishes like french fries coated in wing sauce or cheese and bacon gravy fries.

No kidding! It just doesn't fit on Baldwin.
It'll be the first chain on Baldwin and not even a good one at that. It was bound to happen though, especially with all the OCADU and UofT students in the immediate nabe.

Going on a tangent here, but I always though Baldwin could use a classy little pub. Despite all the street's offerings, there's nowhere to really just sit down and grab a drink.

two points:
1) I've never had a good meal on Baldwin. Its aeshetically cute, but the restaurants are really not very good, IMO
2) The challenge of all of these retail nabes is that as they become increasingly popular, rents are jacked up to the point where chain stores are the only places that can survive
- rents are so high in the forest hill village, for example, hero burger and subway have moved in.

Looks like they will be taking over the Budget Rental space. The Pizza place (panzerotto pizza) is next to (west of) Budget. I always thought it was kind of an odd location for Budget.

This is good news regarding McDonald's. The current space is tiny and often times there is no where to stand when lining up to order. It's a mess that I am happy to see being addressed.

Right you are. Budget will be moving inside Greenwin Square, which is an even odder location.

Back