736     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

TOareaFan

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited:
Movenpick

I really enjoyed the marchelinos when they came out.

I still think its among the best 'take-out' food you can get.

Richtree has done fine sustaining it, in the mall format.

But they used to have a partnership w/Loblaws that made their prepared foods the best among the big chains.

Then those all just turned into regular Loblaws food counters; which are now the worst of the big chains!

I'd love to see them revive the old deal.....

For sure Loblaws needs to do something about its prepared food section which is indisputably abysmal.

I think it would also be nice to see a few marchelinos in street-side locations..

One in Greektown, One in the Beach...

I had Outback a few times when I was overseas and wanted a steak, but never went once after I returned home. Too many better places around. I guess I never will now, though it's not a big loss.

Have to admit having a hankerin' for that evil (vile?) Bloomin' Onion once in awhile.

I had Outback a few times when I was overseas and wanted a steak, but never went once after I returned home. Too many better places around. I guess I never will now, though it's not a big loss.

Have to admit having a hankerin' for that evil (vile?) Bloomin' Onion once in awhile.

I went to the Outback....once. I have to say, it was the worst restaurant experience of my life.....so it sort of discouraged me from going back ;)

Not particularly upset they are leaving (although some people will lose their gigs and that is not so much fun).

I also don't care if Movenpick comes back or not......I have never been a fan of the "self serve" resto!

Interesting. Until I read the article, I didn't even know that Richtree was distinct from Movenpick. Most people I know still refer to the restaurant in the BCE building as Movenpick.

Having never been to an Outback, what's the problem with it? Bad food, bad service, or what? I've been to the Keg once or twice, but generally don't order steaks unless really willing to splurge.

Interesting. Until I read the article, I didn't even know that Richtree was distinct from Movenpick. Most people I know still refer to the restaurant in the BCE building as Movenpick.

It was a very nasty split between the two (the name Richtree is just a juggling of the name of the guy Movenpick were fighting with) and it always surprises me that people did not know (but I understand what you are saying because a lot of people are surprised to here it now).

The location at BCE was, actually, initially called Marche by Movenpick....I don't even think they are allowed to call it Marche by Richtree.

Having never been to an Outback, what's the problem with it? Bad food, bad service, or what? I've been to the Keg once or twice, but generally don't order steaks unless really willing to splurge.

It's a kind of cross between East Side Marios and The Keg with more emphasis on the former. More mediocre than bad, though I had to admit I never ate at one in North America. Service was great but he food was nothing special. The steaks I had were reasonably well made but I have heard a lot of negative comments about them too.

I've never been to an Outback Steakhouse before. There used to be one at Heartland Town Centre, but it was replaced with a Milestones.

As for Movenpick coming back, I always wondered why Marche became Richtree. If the guy they had the dispute with is gone, why don't they just buy out the restaurants Richtree has instead of competing with them?

I've never been to an Outback Steakhouse before. There used to be one at Heartland Town Centre, but it was replaced with a Milestones.

As for Movenpick coming back, I always wondered why Marche became Richtree. If the guy they had the dispute with is gone, why don't they just buy out the restaurants Richtree has instead of competing with them?

I think there dispute was with the entire company, it involved master franchise rights and other matters......probably too much water has gone under the bridge now (just a guess).

On Yonge St. just south of Dundas Square.

ASIANBOWLREST.jpg

Back