News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 926     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Hero Burger opening at Eglinton and Mt. Pleasant. I can't remember what it is replacing, maybe a pizza place.

Also, A&W coming soon to the former Moes Southwest Grill near Yonge and Eglinton. I wonder if the A&W in the Yonge-Eglinton Centre is closed/closing?

carpediem:

re: Eki-bento - that place is kinda meh. Isn't horrid, but nothing special or particularly competent either. Kind of pricey for what it offers, relative to what's available in the area.

AoD

For those who miss Shawarma's King in the old Eaton Centre south food court, signs went up recently announcing that is relocating to the old Gino's Pizza building on the northeast corner of Church and Queen E.

For those who miss Shawarma's King in the old Eaton Centre south food court, signs went up recently announcing that is relocating to the old Gino's Pizza building on the northeast corner of Church and Queen E.

Interesting. I had initially heard a rumour (somewhere in this thread, I'm thinking) that they were going to the Bay Adelaide Centre.

I had posted it. They were telling all their customers - I heard it from about 5 colleagues who had gone there before they closed in the Eaton Centre. Also read it on Chowhound. I dunno if it fell through or was never realistic on ther part.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2X9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 146717 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 30, 2012

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing ground floor retail unit for new restaurant, less than 30 seats - Starbucks. Proposal also includes constructing a new canopy at the front entrance.

signs up for the new pita land at sherbourne and king now moved to the north side next to betty's

The Avenue

Just curious if anyone remembers the Avenue at Avenue Road and Davenport? My grandfather was the cook there until 1983. The restaurant is still there and I can still get the same milkshakes I used to get from Louie.

This is Jarvis & Dundas

TORONTO ON M5A 1Z4

Application#: 11 323789 BLD 01 BA Accepted Date: Apr 10, 2012

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Revision: Structural alterations. Interior alterations to existing restaurant on the ground floor and basement. 28 seats. New tenant - "Tim Hortans".

This is Jarvis & Dundas

TORONTO ON M5A 1Z4

Application#: 11 323789 BLD 01 BA Accepted Date: Apr 10, 2012

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Revision: Structural alterations. Interior alterations to existing restaurant on the ground floor and basement. 28 seats. New tenant - "Tim Hortans".

Hey, that's good news! The faster this street gets redeveloped, the better. The east side could use a few more Tims.

Back