News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 310     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 859     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Was just thinking, what with the conversion of the Hard Rock Cafe to a Shoppers...
Would have been great to have a flagship Tim Hortons fronting ON Yonge/Dundas square. And not just any Tim's... One that they could make unique so that it could serve as a tourist attraction. I'm thinking like the widest selection of donuts possible... maybe every type of donut Tim's has ever offered. Like a whole wall devoted to donuts. And historic Tim's memorabilia and photos could be featured throughout. It it would have to be massive too- two storeys and maybe triple their average location square footage.
Maybe even on-site donut making too that the public can view through glass windows. All locations receive pre-made frozen donuts at the moment I believe.

Here's hoping that this Shoppers stands out... God help us if it's just another generic one.

Shoppers is just Shoppers- but it will stand out- physically that is.. like a sore thumb... still cannot wrap my head around it.. couldn't something livelier be there- that would have enhanced entertainment.. instead of another Shoppers

Was just thinking, what with the conversion of the Hard Rock Cafe to a Shoppers...
Would have been great to have a flagship Tim Hortons fronting ON Yonge/Dundas square. And not just any Tim's... One that they could make unique so that it could serve as a tourist attraction. I'm thinking like the widest selection of donuts possible... maybe every type of donut Tim's has ever offered. Like a whole wall devoted to donuts. And historic Tim's memorabilia and photos could be featured throughout. It it would have to be massive too- two storeys and maybe triple their average location square footage.
Maybe even on-site donut making too that the public can view through glass windows. All locations receive pre-made frozen donuts at the moment I believe.

Here's hoping that this Shoppers stands out... God help us if it's just another generic one.

Apart from the donut selection and process (the baking and frying is done off site in Brantford), Tim Horton's has such a store, on Ottawa Street in Hamilton, the site of the original location.

That's the only thing that would make me step foot in a Tim Hortons. I stopped going there when they switched to frozen donuts.

And don't underestimate the "unpretentious" factor. They now offer a "Perfectly Uncomplicated Latte" (it's bad).

And don't underestimate the "unpretentious" factor. They now offer a "Perfectly Uncomplicated Latte" (it's bad).

It's pretentiously unpretentious - just look at how managed their customer service - however corporate - is. If you want truly unpretentious, get it at some no name corner store - not a multi-national that has tested their products and focus-grouped it to an inch of its life.

AoD

I tried one the other day and yes, it sucked. I get their regular brewed coffee all time - it's tap water in Hamilton - and I don't mind it. But you can't make a latte 'uncomplicated.' It is inherently a pretentious drink.

I tried one the other day and yes, it sucked. I get their regular brewed coffee all time - it's tap water in Hamilton - and I don't mind it. But you can't make a latte 'uncomplicated.' It is inherently a pretentious drink.
I remember in Paris an American woman ordering "un café américain"... that is, brewed coffee. The waiter asked a colleague what that was, and with a laugh, he replied: "du jus de chaussettes" (sock juice). Espresso drinks are not pretentious; it's brewed coffee that is primitive. ;)

Back