Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Received my invitation on Friday. I am guessing this is not when we are picking colours and such for our suites. Can anyone confirm? My wife and I will be there Thursday Feb 9 :)

This is just a 'meet and greet' sort of thing. We'll be able to see what the options are for finishes but we'll have to actually make an appointment to choose the finishes.

Hello everyone !!!! I am sure almost all of us have been to the meeting at Park 570. I've seen the samples, like the kitchen, the tiles, the knobs, the bathroom mirrors, the bathroom faucets, they are all nice, but they are all upgrades!!! I am not comfortable with the standards.......Even the kitchen door knobs is an upgrade (which I like the most).

I just have a feeling that the upgrades are really costly. I know that we won't know anything about pricing until the next appointment.(so many days to count) Does anybody have any idea about pricing (roughly)??

I am sure we are all thinking the same question! How much do we want to spend on upgrades! I go to Home Depot websites, and there are nice faucets for $500. Do you think that's what they will charge for a nice faucet? Someone please share ideas.....thanks....

I suggest you just go with standard items and then upgrade them yourself for much cheaper down the road. You are also paying for their "labour" with any upgrade.

What I thought was kind of stupid was that the they told me I was going to have carpet in my den, which is close to the front door and that the laminate flooring would not extend to that area. I thought that was pretty cheap. I would probably consider extending the laminate into this area as an upgrade so that it doesn't look out of place.

If anyone has any decent pictures of the samples in the design studio and can upload them here that would be great.

I agree with zzz, try not to waste money on upgrades. I don't know about Vandyk, but usually they're overpriced and not worth it. Only get things that you can't change after, like changing the bathtub to a shower, or undermount sinks etc. Stuff like knobs, mirrors, faucets, you can install yourself for a much lower price.

And zzz, this is from the website:

- Luxurious 40oz plush broadloom with 1/2” foam under-pad in
bedrooms, den, hallways, and living/dining rooms.
- Imported ceramic floor tiles in all bathrooms , laundry
rooms, foyer & kitchen.

Shouldn't be too expensive to get laminate or whatever in the den.

I have my appointment in a few weeks, so I'll try to remember some of the prices. I wish we got a copy beforehand...

I asked a questions that may intrigue some.

Q: Can I switch a bathtub for a shower?
A: 99% sure it is a no.

I also went by the appliance place this weekend, as I was in that area. It looks like GE for the set.

Thanks,
Chek

here are a few pics of the samples.

Attachments

• IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 293
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 269
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 261
Is a blacksplash in the kitchen standard? I assume it is not and our wall will just be white.

I believe the standard backsplash would be the wall. i would look at doing the backplash after move in..really depends how much Vandyk would charge to get it done vs going to Home Depot.

Anyone planning to upgrade the standard appliances? The upgrade pricing seems a tad high.

I just went with the standard appliances...they seemed good enough.

Infact, I didn't get any upgrades!

I think the fridge is a little plain and tiny looking, so I was considering getting a better fridge. The rest of the appliances should be sufficient. I was just surpised at how much extra they were asking to upgrade it, could basically buy another fridge for that price.

I was really looking forward to upgrading, but I couldn't do anything much.

Everything price was sky high.

I paid $800 just to have the double colors for the kitchen cabinets (upper cubboards are white and lower cabinets are brown).

My favorite upgraded granite was over $3000 and I didn't do it.

Their nice shower faucets were over $1000.

I was looking for a lot of upgrades, but their pricing is radiculous.

I already chose everything else as standard...

your neigbor, layla

Back