Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

I had a look at the appliances last week and I did some upgrades. The fridge and stove were decent so I kept the standard ones. I got the over-the-stove microwave and fan combo, and it cost $300. The dishwasher looked pretty cheap to me so I got a the second higher upgrade for about $350 and then I upgraded the washer and dryer. The apartment-sized washer and dryer combo that is standard is just too small. I don't think I could do more then a few towels at a time. So I went with the next step up which is the stackable front loaders. And that was about $650. Plus $200 to Vandyk to put in the correct electrical outlet in so that I can use them. And then there is the $140 delivery fee Goeman's charged me. So about $1450 before tax and I still owe Vandyk for the extra outlet. Pricey but worth it I think.

Also, I had a quick look at the fridge upgrade and it was a huge jump up, about $800 I believe. And it had an ice cube maker so there would have been an extra charge from Goeman's to add in the water line.

Appliances - help!!!

Help!! Who has upgraded their appliances? I'm so torn on what to do. I feel like we're getting ripped off but the standards aren't the greatest.

Help!! Who has upgraded their appliances? I'm so torn on what to do. I feel like we're getting ripped off but the standards aren't the greatest.

I upgraded all of my appliances at Goemans:

I went with the GE fridge bottom mount freezer drawer; convection range; OTR Microwave;Maytag front load washer/dryer and a kitchen aid dishwasher. It took me a long time to make up my mind what I wanted and a lot of visits to Goemans and price matching. At the time GE was having a rebate on it's appliances so I got some savings on most of my appliances and yes I agree it seems like I was getting ripped off but I had a budget for appliances so I had a few extra dollars for them. I good advice from friends to save for upgrading the appliances.

n3rak

I was expecting further day. I mean, It looks obvious..They haven't started working inside. They need more workers.

Haven't received my letter yet. Does it state the reason for the delay? I'd love to know what their actual reason is. It seems obvious they do not have enough workers on site If they did, the place probably could have been finished by now. I find it funny they have the time to setup new sales offices and work on other projects, yet they take their sweet time finishing this one.

Can't tell if above post is serious haha

1. No reason in the letter, but a 1 month delay on an 18 month construction project is nothing. Most buildings are delayed 6+ months. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another small delay in the coming months.

2. There are lots of workers on site. I usually drive by around 12:30 p.m. when they're on lunch, and for the last few months there are at least 20+. They can't just hire 100 people to work at the same time. Other than the fact one trade has to wait for another to finish (ie framing, then wiring/plumbing, then HVAC, fire protection, drywall, painters etc). If the plumbers are delayed one week due to a shortage in supplies, this pushes everything else back a week.

3. Of course Vandyk is starting other projects. How do you think they're paying the $17,000,000 to construct Park 570? With the $4,500,000 they got in down payments? They have to keep building to keep the money flowing and further expansion.

4. The construction workers aren't Vandyk employees. They are tradesmen from various other companies. What Vandyk does outside of Park 570 has nothing to do with the amount of workers present

I'm in 401 and my closing is feb 13 2013 so that sounds about rite.

Does the closing date = move in date?
i was reading earlier that closing dates were ~Jan 30... then move in Feb 28. Did I read that correctly?

Can someone give me an idea as to current closing/move in dates?? Thanks.

Does the closing date = move in date?
i was reading earlier that closing dates were ~Jan 30... then move in Feb 28. Did I read that correctly?

Can someone give me an idea as to current closing/move in dates?? Thanks.

Occupancy date is the date you move in. Everyone has a different date - probably 2 people moving in per day so it will take 90+ days (just a guess).

I believe the earliest occupancy dates now are the beginning of January, but again, not too sure. I am late January.

While in occupancy, we pay occupancy fees (ie RENT) as the building is not registered yet and therefore we cannot get a mortgage yet. This is usually the interest on the outstanding balance and shouldn't be more than $1000/month.

The closing date is the actual date you take ownership of the unit. This is when you get the mortgage from your lender and pay Vandyk. In some buildings, this can be a year after the occupancy date as it takes a while to complete all construction and register the building. Doubt it will be that long for us though - likely a few months

Occupancy date is the date you move in. Everyone has a different date - probably 2 people moving in per day so it will take 90+ days (just a guess).

I believe the earliest occupancy dates now are the beginning of January, but again, not too sure. I am late January.

While in occupancy, we pay occupancy fees (ie RENT) as the building is not registered yet and therefore we cannot get a mortgage yet. This is usually the interest on the outstanding balance and shouldn't be more than $1000/month.

The closing date is the actual date you take ownership of the unit. This is when you get the mortgage from your lender and pay Vandyk. In some buildings, this can be a year after the occupancy date as it takes a while to complete all construction and register the building. Doubt it will be that long for us though - likely a few months

That's great info. Thanks for letting me know. I need to look into this date of occupancy - I don't recall ever seeing this.

Back