News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 495     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Ontario Liberals and Transit

We'll see on June 12. If Hudak wins then now we know what transit will be.

I want to see a full drl (Pape - Dundas West) Eglinton West (ehlow), maybe the Jane LRT and Malvern LRT's. HSR as well. All day GO should be priority right after the LRT's in Toronto are settled.

I would not be surprised if Hamilton goes to the Liberals this election, with Horvath losing her seat. Not mentioned in the list above, but I read that they would expand GO to Brantford and improve Niagara services. These connections could make Hamilton a major hub in the region. Add in the LRT they're getting, and we have a city which could give Toronto a run for its money.

I'll also add that it is interesting that they are (re)committing behind the Scarborough subway, especially since Chow wants to see it move back towards an LRT. While I can see the pros and cons of each option, I would think that they would phrase it more generally, like, "Improved transit for Scarborough," or something like that.

I maintain that the Scarborough lrt is dead, if the city pulls their funding the province will force the TTC to build the stub to STC.

Sounds like the Bolton line has the go as well.

I would not be surprised if Hamilton goes to the Liberals this election, with Horvath losing her seat. Not mentioned in the list above, but I read that they would expand GO to Brantford and improve Niagara services. These connections could make Hamilton a major hub in the region. Add in the LRT they're getting, and we have a city which could give Toronto a run for its money.

I'll also add that it is interesting that they are (re)committing behind the Scarborough subway, especially since Chow wants to see it move back towards an LRT. While I can see the pros and cons of each option, I would think that they would phrase it more generally, like, "Improved transit for Scarborough," or something like that.

Well, they did get elected in Scarborough for being "subway champions"

Sweet fuck all other than the Spadina extension, UPX, vague promises about prioritizing the DRL, and the same increased diesel GO service everyone has promised?

Yeah, maybe sheppard (subway). He said he would complete Eglinton.

Well, they did get elected in Scarborough for being "subway champions"
That's not necessarily fair. That riding would have not seen the subway either way.

Many things were omitted from that list. Seems like more of a random sampling to me.

Rest assured that the Liberals will bring forward the same budget if they're reelected. So anything in that budget should still go forward of they elected.

Yeah, maybe sheppard (subway). He said he would complete Eglinton.
Where do you come up with this stuff? He's made no commitment to do either during this term in office.

On the transit front, there's only one possible choice in this election, given that the NDP have somehow managed to promise even less than Hudak.

Many things were omitted from that list. Seems like more of a random sampling to me.

Rest assured that the Liberals will bring forward the same budget if they're reelected. So anything in that budget should still go forward of they elected.

I don't think there has ever been a minority government defeated on their budget that came back with the same budget once regaining power.

It will most definitely not be the identical budget....what changes we don't know but it will change. This budget was written with an NDP mindset....it either would get their support and keep the Liberals in power or make it very difficult for people on the left to support the NDP after defeating their "dream budget". After the election, that threat/pressure will be gone and there will be room to make changes to the budget. I am not saying the changes will be in the area of transit (although they may be) but there will be changes.

Where do you come up with this stuff? He's made no commitment to do either during this term in office.

On the transit front, there's only one possible choice in this election, given that the NDP have somehow managed to promise even less than Hudak.

Hudak said he wants to complete the sheppard subway and he won't cancel eglinton.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...bways-subways-plans-to-cancel-four-lrt-lines/

And just because you always need to see it:Hudak threw his support behind a “east-west express subway” to take pressure off the overcrowded Yonge subway line and also pledged to extend the Sheppard subway line to Scarborough Town Centre.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ail-lines-cancel-go-electrification-1.2645690
Hudak said he would not cancel the Eglinton-Crosstown LRT, which is already under construction.

It came out of his own mouth. You need to do more research.
The NDP is not the Liberals little brother, you people have to realize this. Andrea Horwath is trying to win too.

"Transit solutions for Sheppard East and Finch West in Toronto"

Not LRTs????

I sure hope you got the $50-$100 to subsidizes every riders on those white elephant considering it Cost $17 today for the stub one??? It cost close to $10 million to operate the elephant today.

Before anyone thinks about taking the DRL over to Dundas West before the line is built to Steeles in the east in the first place, how are you going to deal with the extra 35% of riders trying to get on the over crowd Yonge north of Bloor that will be coming by 2030???

What is this need to have the DRL to Dundas West when it should be going over and up Jane in the first place???

Back