One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

It doesn't surprise me that they already have so many registered users for phase III. Edilcan is a very reputable builder and their projects are always successful. I was in the area this morning and they are moving so quickly with the construction. It looks very modern and posh! I think that our building will be one of the nicest in the area and I absolutely can’t wait to see it all done! :)

I concur! I stopped by today as well! Glad to know I am not the only One Valhalla stalker haha! My friends make fun of me for it. And they are on our floor starting 20 now! The building looks gorgeous! Im just wondering how the lower grey brick levels will look in comparison to the dark modern glass. Cant wait to see it finished as well.

Geting Excited!!

Hi everyone on this thread!

I am also moving into One Valhalla, hopefully sometime this fall. I know we received letters saying July 17th, but that doesn't seem too likely since there is still a lot of work to be done on the interiors and building infrastructure. But it gives more time to save, so I'm okay with that - not in a rush! BTW, my unit is on the 20th floor, facing North and east, so maybe I'm on top of some of you? Don't worry - I never wear high heels while at home. Lol.

As for choosing finishes, I'm not sure what we'll be able to select other than countertops, cupboards, backsplash & floor tiles, and laminate colour. I'm hoping to keep most of the big ticket items neutral, and wondering if it will be an option to leave some things completely blank and have my own contractor install a few things after occupancy. For example, I'd like to put a really interesting backsplash in the kitchen, and it would be easier not to remove anything and start with a clean surface. Also, I'd love to get rid of the popcorn ceiling and have a smooth finish on the ceiling - I wonder if that's possible and how much it would cost.

I would advise that we all start making a list of questions and ideas we have so that we don't forget anything when the time comes to make the big decisions. I can't wait to meet my new neighbours!!

I am also moving into One Valhalla, hopefully sometime this fall. I know we received letters saying July 17th, but that doesn't seem too likely since there is still a lot of work to be done on the interiors and building infrastructure. But it gives more time to save, so I'm okay with that - not in a rush! BTW, my unit is on the 20th floor, facing North and east, so maybe I'm on top of some of you? Don't worry - I never wear high heels while at home. Lol.

As for choosing finishes, I'm not sure what we'll be able to select other than countertops, cupboards, backsplash & floor tiles, and laminate colour. I'm hoping to keep most of the big ticket items neutral, and wondering if it will be an option to leave some things completely blank and have my own contractor install a few things after occupancy. For example, I'd like to put a really interesting backsplash in the kitchen, and it would be easier not to remove anything and start with a clean surface. Also, I'd love to get rid of the popcorn ceiling and have a smooth finish on the ceiling - I wonder if that's possible and how much it would cost.

I would advise that we all start making a list of questions and ideas we have so that we don't forget anything when the time comes to make the big decisions. I can't wait to meet my new neighbours!!

Hey Neighbour!

They are working on your floor right now! Ana and I are on the 19th floor and they just completed it. I totally agree that we should make a list of questions so we don't forget anything. Nothing worse than signing off on colour selections and forgeting something.

Hi citylvr,

Are the ceilings really popcorn?!? I don't remember seeing that in the models? Its not huge for me but it would be nicer if it was smooth. Who still popcorns ceilings anyway?? lol. That's a good question about the backsplash because I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how much choice were going to have with backsplashes but it would be a lot easier to leave it bare if we want to do that ourselves.

Are you guys just going to put lamps in your bedroom/bedrooms? or are you going to have proper light fixtures installed? Most condo bedroom usually just have caps with the option to put in lighting from what I've seen in my friends condos. Assuming our's will be the same.

Great questions! keep em coming!

Hi citylvr,

Are the ceilings really popcorn?!? I don't remember seeing that in the models? Its not huge for me but it would be nicer if it was smooth. Who still popcorns ceilings anyway?? lol. That's a good question about the backsplash because I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how much choice were going to have with backsplashes but it would be a lot easier to leave it bare if we want to do that ourselves.

Are you guys just going to put lamps in your bedroom/bedrooms? or are you going to have proper light fixtures installed? Most condo bedroom usually just have caps with the option to put in lighting from what I've seen in my friends condos. Assuming our's will be the same.

Great questions! keep em coming!

Hey Rex!

I will see if I can get a cap for the living room. I saw this light fixture in burlington that I absolutely love. My bedroom will have just lamps..I am fine with that. Hopefully the cap isnt an arm and a leg like everything else I have heard of.

Hey Rex!

I will see if I can get a cap for the living room. I saw this light fixture in burlington that I absolutely love. My bedroom will have just lamps..I am fine with that. Hopefully the cap isnt an arm and a leg like everything else I have heard of.

Hey, Yeah, I think a couple of lamps in the bedroom are fine as well and give off more than enough light. I caaaaan't wait till the color slections *nerdy smiley face here

Hey, Yeah, I think a couple of lamps in the bedroom are fine as well and give off more than enough light. I caaaaan't wait till the color slections *nerdy smiley face here

You and I both! I am so darn anxious! I am not anxious about the cheque I may have to cut for the "must have" upgrades...ugh! I would predict that the 68 town home owners will be having their selection appointments before us. I also anxious to find out about which parking spots we get assigned! I hope to have a spot on P1 near the elevator! I dont want to be on any of the above ground levels! I wish we were able to choose that, but Head office will be picking.

Hmmm...I guess we'll really have to wait and see, but until that time it's fun to think of all the (expensive) possibilities. I went by to take a pic this morning, but I'm not sure how to attach it here...perhaps I can link to it?
New%2BCondo%2BConstruction%2BSite%2BMarch%2B22%252C%2B2012.jpg

As for lamps in the bedroom(s), that is all I have been living with for the past four years, but tri-light bulbs give the option for soft or bright light, and even at the second setting it's enough to light the room. Here is where I imagine there will be light fixtures already installed: Front Entry, Kitchen, Inside Walk-in Closet, and Bathrooms. There will likely be a junction box provided for the dining area, but we will probably be on our own to get a fixture. I imagine that ceiling junction boxes in the bedrooms will be an upgrade.
I'm a bit concerned about the laminate flooring. In the model suites, there were three options - a blonde wood, an orangey mid-tone wood, and a dark wood with light streaks. I didn't really love any of them, and would love the option of a medium walnut colour - fingers crossed one will be just right!

Thanks for the new pic Citylvr! Maybe my counting is off? but it looks like they are on the 22nd floor now? if so! WOOHHOO!! But I still dont think we will be in this summer which sucks, but the bright side is it gives us more time to save!

Hmmm...I guess we'll really have to wait and see, but until that time it's fun to think of all the (expensive) possibilities. I went by to take a pic this morning, but I'm not sure how to attach it here...perhaps I can link to it?
New%2BCondo%2BConstruction%2BSite%2BMarch%2B22%252C%2B2012.jpg

As for lamps in the bedroom(s), that is all I have been living with for the past four years, but tri-light bulbs give the option for soft or bright light, and even at the second setting it's enough to light the room. Here is where I imagine there will be light fixtures already installed: Front Entry, Kitchen, Inside Walk-in Closet, and Bathrooms. There will likely be a junction box provided for the dining area, but we will probably be on our own to get a fixture. I imagine that ceiling junction boxes in the bedrooms will be an upgrade.
I'm a bit concerned about the laminate flooring. In the model suites, there were three options - a blonde wood, an orangey mid-tone wood, and a dark wood with light streaks. I didn't really love any of them, and would love the option of a medium walnut colour - fingers crossed one will be just right!

I never got to see the dark option. I just saw the really light shade and the orangey one. I'm liking the light option but the dark one with light streaks sounds interesting as I think that would be a good contrast to a light kitchen (which is what I'm thinking of doing). Would you happen to have a picture of the dark wood or an example? Is it just like the normal chocolate brown laminate that most condo's have?

Ok, So I just spoke with the gentleman from crayon design regarding lighting and he advised that lighting upgrades are not being offered for the living room/ bedroom, however, they can add electrical fixtures and stuff so that you can have the exact type of track lighting (like in the model suites) added later on. I am asking him now if there are any "caps" available as upgrades so we can add a light fixture (not track lighting) after. I'll keep you posted on what I hear.

He said they are STILL in the process of finalizing pricing for upgrades. Completely annoying considering, colour selection was suppose to take place last October or November..

Thanks for the update shorty! That is strange that they are not offering lighting as part of upgrades. Well maybe its for the better. Getting someone to do it should be a lot cheaper than going through the builder. Builders tend to overcharge. I have a feeling that we won't be getting our appointments for colour selections any time soon. I just checked One Valhalla website and their sales office is still closed. Have you guys been in touch with them? I am curious to find out when they are planning to release phase III. Yes, waiting around is a bit annoying but at least it gives us time to save. :)

Thanks for the update shorty! That is strange that they are not offering lighting as part of upgrades. Well maybe its for the better. Getting someone to do it should be a lot cheaper than going through the builder. Builders tend to overcharge. I have a feeling that we won't be getting our appointments for colour selections any time soon. I just checked One Valhalla website and their sales office is still closed. Have you guys been in touch with them? I am curious to find out when they are planning to release phase III. Yes, waiting around is a bit annoying but at least it gives us time to save. :)

The sales centre should be re-opened in April hopefully. Its been moved, just has to be lowered and fixed up. When the sales centre re-opens, they will begin colour selection and selling phase 3! I spoke with William from the sales team last week and he didnt have any major updates, they know just about as much as us..nothing.

Hi, all,

I am a TH owner. Found this post only days ago. I got call on Monday from Crayan for upgrade of Electrical and Staircase. Then, TH color selection will be in 2-3 weeks and start from the first block. What bothering me is the high price of the stair upgrade, at least one of my friend feels.

The stair case upgrade will be around 6.5k for Oak.

How do you know about the builder? Is the price too high for only less than 20 stairs?

Hi, all,

I am a TH owner. Found this post only days ago. I got call on Monday from Crayan for upgrade of Electrical and Staircase. Then, TH color selection will be in 2-3 weeks and start from the first block. What bothering me is the high price of the stair upgrade, at least one of my friend feels.

The stair case upgrade will be around 6.5k for Oak.

How do you know about the builder? Is the price too high for only less than 20 stairs?

Yikes! that sounds like a lot! Any other upgrades or pricing that they disclosed? Also what is the new interim closing date for the town homes? I heard September.

Also, I found a cute little article with a picture about our condo. See below. The part about 2 levels of underground parking is inaccurate. Its only one.

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id49398

Last edited:

Back