One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Thanks shorty, that's really helpful. I'll check out crayon designs and see what they're all about. Yeah, I was wondering what was taking them so long in moving that sales centre. Just strap some wheels on it and kick it along its way lol. If I get any news on anything i'll def post it since it seems were all in the same boat here. I think its about that time again for me to call and harass the sales office with more burning questions!!! lol!

I do it all the time! they must be so tired of me! Based on what you have seen in the one bedroom and two bedroom models, what finishes and colours will you be choosing for your kitchen? I hope there is a bigger selection when the colour selection time comes. I found a Crayon Design memo for another condo development they did last year and they offer appointments and meetings before your actual selection (at another office) so you will be aware of the selections before you actually chose. So thats great and lessens the stress of showing up and being overwhelmed with all the choices!

I do it all the time! they must be so tired of me! Based on what you have seen in the one bedroom and two bedroom models, what finishes and colours will you be choosing for your kitchen? I hope there is a bigger selection when the colour selection time comes. I found a Crayon Design memo for another condo development they did last year and they offer appointments and meetings before your actual selection (at another office) so you will be aware of the selections before you actually chose. So thats great and lessens the stress of showing up and being overwhelmed with all the choices!

I'm not entirely sure yet but I really liked the look of the 1 and a den model suite with the light colored flooring and white cabinets. Thought it looked very clean and sleek. Washroom, i'll probably choose the dark colored floor tiles with a light brown for the bathtube tiles. This can all change though depending on what i see during my appointment. What about for your unit? what were you thinking of doing?

I'm not entirely sure yet but I really liked the look of the 1 and a den model suite with the light colored flooring and white cabinets. Thought it looked very clean and sleek. Washroom, i'll probably choose the dark colored floor tiles with a light brown for the bathtube tiles. This can all change though depending on what i see during my appointment. What about for your unit? what were you thinking of doing?

Pretty much the same as you. The one bedroom and den looks a lot more spacious because of the lighter colours, so i want to have the same kitchen. I may change the granite to the grey colour in the 2 bedroom and I wanted to add an under mount sink. I was told it could cost anywhere from $750-$1000 UGH! And for the bathroom, i want the black floor tile, and i want black tile in the shower (like in the kitchen of the two bed) with the white toilet and white sink. I've always wanted a black and white washroom, I think it will look real nice. The all white bathroom in the one bedroom looks so sterile and bland.

Pretty much the same as you. The one bedroom and den looks a lot more spacious because of the lighter colours, so i want to have the same kitchen. I may change the granite to the grey colour in the 2 bedroom and I wanted to add an under mount sink. I was told it could cost anywhere from $750-$1000 UGH! And for the bathroom, i want the black floor tile, and i want black tile in the shower (like in the kitchen of the two bed) with the white toilet and white sink. I've always wanted a black and white washroom, I think it will look real nice. The all white bathroom in the one bedroom looks so sterile and bland.

Yeah, I agree the washroom in the 1 bed unit looked so boring and plain. I basically want the kitchen and flooring from the 1 bed model and the washroom from the 2 bed model. Considering pretty much everything shown in the models were standard finishes I was pretty impressed with the quailty of them. I did not know however that an undermount sink would be extra??

Would you happen to know by any chance if you can choose NOT to have the pantry cabinets in the kitchen? They seem like a pretty good idea but they take away so much counter space in the process. It seems as if that pantry style will be in every kitchen or am I mistaken?

Yeah, I agree the washroom in the 1 bed unit looked so boring and plain. I basically want the kitchen and flooring from the 1 bed model and the washroom from the 2 bed model. Considering pretty much everything shown in the models were standard finishes I was pretty impressed with the quailty of them. I did not know however that an undermount sink would be extra??

Would you happen to know by any chance if you can choose NOT to have the pantry cabinets in the kitchen? They seem like a pretty good idea but they take away so much counter space in the process. It seems as if that pantry style will be in every kitchen or am I mistaken?

Yea it will be in every kitchen and I dont think they would allow you to take it away as it is per the plan and might be part of a structual component. The regular sink is standard, the undermount is an upgrade. I also want an extra cable outlet in the kitchen so I can have a small breakfast bar tv and I was told that would be approx. $450! For a cable outlet! I would get rogers to do it after I move for cheaper, but dont want to go through the hassle. I hope the guy at Crayon Design was over estimating! Those are the only upgrades that I want, I have no clue what else will be offered but the standard finishings were impressive already. Hopefully I dont fall in love with any other upgrades as this is my first property and I am on a strict budget! I wonder if closet organizers will be upgrades too? I have a big walk in closet in my suite and extra shelves and added drawers would be ideal.

Yea it will be in every kitchen and I dont think they would allow you to take it away as it is per the plan and might be part of a structual component. The regular sink is standard, the undermount is an upgrade. I also want an extra cable outlet in the kitchen so I can have a small breakfast bar tv and I was told that would be approx. $450! For a cable outlet! I would get rogers to do it after I move for cheaper, but dont want to go through the hassle. I hope the guy at Crayon Design was over estimating! Those are the only upgrades that I want, I have no clue what else will be offered but the standard finishings were impressive already. Hopefully I dont fall in love with any other upgrades as this is my first property and I am on a strict budget! I wonder if closet organizers will be upgrades too? I have a big walk in closet in my suite and extra shelves and added drawers would be ideal.

Yeah, I would get someone else to do that extra cable outlet for you once you move it. Can probably do it for a fraction of the price as well. I guess the only thing extra I would get would be the undermount sink. I have a walk in closet as well and I belive it comes with an organizer at side for towels and linens. That's it though. I'm sure they can put in extra shelves or drawers though.

Yeah, I would get someone else to do that extra cable outlet for you once you move it. Can probably do it for a fraction of the price as well. I guess the only thing extra I would get would be the undermount sink. I have a walk in closet as well and I belive it comes with an organizer at side for towels and linens. That's it though. I'm sure they can put in extra shelves or drawers though.

Yea i was thinking that. i will wait on the final pricing to make my decision about the cable outlet. Thats very steap considering I hear Tridel only charges $250! Some developments have upgrades for actual drawers and multiple shelving for the closets. I wonder if we will get that option? I guess we will have to stay tuned...

Hi guys, I am starting to think about the colour selections for all the finishes as well. I really liked the look of the 2 bedroom condo that was in the showroom. Will probably have to go back to look at the 1 bedroom so I can do proper comparison. I think I will go with light natural colours. As the kitchen is open concept I think white would look great. I wasn't too crazy about the black tiles that they had for kitchen backsplash. It looked a bit harsh, so I will probably do something lighter. For flooring, I am thinking dark brown so there is a nice contrast. And for the bathroom, I will probably do light again. I am leaning towards soft beige or grey tones. For the bathroom flooring I might do dark floors. What are you planning to do for window coverings? I know vertical blinds are not that popular now. I really liked the double layered tracks that they had for curtains. I am thinking of doing the same if it available as an upgrade. Also lighting might be an issue, so to avoid having to put lamps all over the unit, I might add the track lights in the living room just as in the showroom.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am starting to think about the colour selections for all the finishes as well. I really liked the look of the 2 bedroom condo that was in the showroom. Will probably have to go back to look at the 1 bedroom so I can do proper comparison. I think I will go with light natural colours. As the kitchen is open concept I think white would look great. I wasn't too crazy about the black tiles that they had for kitchen backsplash. It looked a bit harsh, so I will probably do something lighter. For flooring, I am thinking dark brown so there is a nice contrast. And for the bathroom, I will probably do light again. I am leaning towards soft beige or grey tones. For the bathroom flooring I might do dark floors. What are you planning to do for window coverings? I know vertical blinds are not that popular now. I really liked the double layered tracks that they had for curtains. I am thinking of doing the same if it available as an upgrade. Also lighting might be an issue, so to avoid having to put lamps all over the unit, I might add the track lights in the living room just as in the showroom.

Oh yes, the track lighting. I'd probably want to get that done as well. Will probably cost a lot through the builder that's for sure.

I thought track lighting was included in the kitchen and living room? just not the bedroom, i think it says that in the book under features..I could be wrong though.

Ana, did you get a 2 bedroom?

My unit is two bedrooms. The track lights in the kitchen area should be included. Oh, I really hope the once in the living room are as well. The track lights they had installed in the 2 bedroom unit that was in the showroom looked so nice. I haven’t seen track lights go in a square shape like that. It would just give an even distribution of light throughout the unit. Also, my unit is a corner unit so I have to figure out what to do for windows. Maybe I will go with vertical blinds after all. Shorty I just read your previous posts about phase 3, do you know why phase 3 building has been changed to have 25 floors?

Last edited:
My unit is two bedrooms. The track lights in the kitchen area should be included. Oh, I really hope the once in the living room are as well. The track lights they had installed in the 2 bedroom unit that was in the showroom looked so nice. I haven’t seen track lights go in a square shape like that. It would just give an even distribution of light throughout the unit. Also, my unit is a corner unit so I have to figure out what to do for windows. Maybe I will go with vertical blinds after all. Shorty I just read your previous posts about phase 3, do you know why phase 3 building has been changed to have 25 floors?

I think the track light is included throughout the kitchen and living room. The bedroom wont have any lights, just the cap for installation of your own light fixture, I believe. Regarding the phase 3 change, GP, the head of edilcan just changed his mind or thought that the full 30 floors wouldnt sell and it looks better this way too. 30 was too tall to be sitting across from our short 22 storey building. 22 and 25 stories look better side by side, especially when it is the exact same design as our building and will probably offer the very same suite designs too. This way the 35 storey thunder bird will stand out and soar in the middle as it should. I wonder how much the upgraded vertical blinds will cost? I cant wait till we get the upgrade lists..

I checked my paperwork and for my unit the track lights are only in the kitchen. Also, the bedrooms are all carpet so I might want to change that as well to either laminate or hard wood. But honestly I don't think I will spend too much on upgrades. The units are gorgeous as is. I think they will offer wide selection of colours and different finishes so no need to go all crazy. :) For the blinds, in the past I didn't go through the builder. With my last unit I went with blinds to go and it worked out well. I think I will do the same this time around. This way I have more options in case I decide to put curtains instead. Builders tend to overcharge as well. And thank you for that phase III update! I thought I was on top of things but you are certainly a lot more up to speed. LOL. Yes, that makes sense. It will look a lot better this way. Oh I was also told that phase III will mostly be one bedrooms. I don't think they should worry about not selling. The market is so hot and phase I and II sold in no time!

Last edited:
I checked my paperwork and for my unit the track lights are only in the kitchen. Also, the bedrooms are all carpet so I might want to change that as well to either laminate or hard wood. But honestly I don't think I will spend too much on upgrades. The units are gorgeous as is. I think they will offer wide selection of colours and different finishes so no need to go all crazy. :) For the blinds, in the past I didn't go through the builder. With my last unit I went with blinds to go and it worked out well. I think I will do the same this time around. This way I have more options in case I decide to put curtains instead. Builders tend to overcharge as well. And thank you for that phase III update! I thought I was on top of things but you are certainly a lot more up to speed. LOL. Yes, that makes sense. It will look a lot better this way. Oh I was also told that phase III will mostly be one bedrooms. I don't think they should worry about not selling. The market is s
o hot and phase I and II sold in no time!

Im disappointed about the tracklighting not being in the living room! I heard that phase 3 already has over 1,000 people that signed up and will most likely attend the grand opening event, whenever that is. They expect it to be over 70% sold on the first day. I also love carpet in bedrooms, just not the living room. I am not going to go crazy on upgrades either, i just want the cable added to the kitchen for my breakfast bar tv and the undermounted sink. Everything else I can do without..

It doesn't surprise me that they already have so many registered users for phase III. Edilcan is a very reputable builder and their projects are always successful. I was in the area this morning and they are moving so quickly with the construction. It looks very modern and posh! I think that our building will be one of the nicest in the area and I absolutely can’t wait to see it all done! :)

Back