NEXT at Elgin East (Sequoia Grove Homes) - Real Estate

Would anyone aware if occupancy of Building B has started yet?
Concerned if my May 9th occupancy is feasible.

Hi EChow,
Have you tried contacting them directly? Every time I email them, I do get a reply within a day or two. I think contacting them directly, if you haven’t done so maybe your best bet.

I’m in 3rd floor of Building B and in November 2023, I received a letter saying my Firm and Final Occupancy is June 24 (delayed from Feb 2 2024). I would not be surprised if there’s a week - a month delay based on dates Building A occupants were having.

It’s coming close, but you maybe better at getting a more approximate date from the office. It maybe due to supplies delay, etc…depending on your upgrades.

Let us know if you are able to get a more firm date.

Hi, anyone have statement of adjustment? Or what’s the percentage? Have no idea about what closing costs will be..

Hi EChow,
Have you tried contacting them directly? Every time I email them, I do get a reply within a day or two. I think contacting them directly, if you haven’t done so maybe your best bet.

I’m in 3rd floor of Building B and in November 2023, I received a letter saying my Firm and Final Occupancy is June 24 (delayed from Feb 2 2024). I would not be surprised if there’s a week - a month delay based on dates Building A occupants were having.

It’s coming close, but you maybe better at getting a more approximate date from the office. It maybe due to supplies delay, etc…depending on your upgrades.

Let us know if you are able to get a more firm date.
Our lawyer got notice confirming our Occupancy Date May 9th, and requesting content insurance beforehand. Still not hearing for the PDI inspection yet.

Our lawyer got notice confirming our Occupancy Date May 9th (7th Floor Building B) and requesting content insurance beforehand. Still not hearing anything for the PDI inspection yet.

Our lawyer got notice confirming our Occupancy Date May 9th, and requesting content insurance beforehand. Still not hearing for the PDI inspection yet.
Hi EChow,
I noticed on HouseSigma that some of the units in Building B (2 David Eyer Road) are already up for lease/Sale (floor 2-6). So I think they are really trying hard to get occupants in.

Anyone who has moved into Building B, would you be able to update us as to how close your move in date was to the date that Sequoia quoted as your Final Occupancy Date? That way we can anticipate any possible delays.

EChow, I hope PDI comes soon for you…good luck…it’s exciting as it seems near!

Hi EChow,
I noticed on HouseSigma that some of the units in Building B (2 David Eyer Road) are already up for lease/Sale (floor 2-6). So I think they are really trying hard to get occupants in.

Anyone who has moved into Building B, would you be able to update us as to how close your move in date was to the date that Sequoia quoted as your Final Occupancy Date? That way we can anticipate any possible delays.

EChow, I hope PDI comes soon for you…good luck…it’s exciting as it seems near!
Hi EChow & Sugar Cone,

I am in building B, 4th floor. I had my PDI done exactly 14 days (2 weeks) prior to the final occupancy date Sequoia provided me. Then once I got all the necessary documents for my lawyer, the key release was the exact final occupancy date they quoted me.

Hope this helps!

It's been a few months since Building A and a few townhouses took occupancy. How's everyone feeling about their new home?

Wonder do I need to make the appointment for PDI? Today is 15 days before Occupancy but still no contact from Sequoia.

Wonder do I need to make the appointment for PDI? Today is 15 days before Occupancy but still no contact from Sequoia.
For me, they sent me an email 8 days prior to my PDI, and gave just a date and time. There is no booking, and if you cannot make it, they will do the PDI on your behalf. Since it’s 15 days now, perhaps emailing them may be a good idea!

Managed to find the contact and emailed service@sequoiagrovehomes.com yesterday at 4:30 and got a reply at 4:45 acknowledging our PDI appointment this morning.
PDI done and mainly painting issues and nothing significant (hopefully).
Tried to book the elevator but they said we can’t until we got the keys.
Asked about internet installation and hydro account, but didn’t get any info yet.

Managed to find the contact and emailed service@sequoiagrovehomes.com yesterday at 4:30 and got a reply at 4:45 acknowledging our PDI appointment this morning.
Asked about internet installation and hydro account, but didn’t get any info yet.
Sorry to hear that they were so last minute in relaying the date for PDI, but glad it’s done and you were generally happy with the outcome of the PDI.
I recently received an email from Aurora Cocja (who is the property manager) regarding the date of switching from winter heating to summer cooling dates in early May. If you aren’t already, you may want to ask to be put on her email list. I believe she is also the person others have been saying that is in charge of elevator booking dates.

Been in building A for about 2 months now. Love the layout of my unit but lot of disappointments. As with any builders, I'm sure there are lot of defects. All the minor scuffs, dings, and finishes may come to your attention but this was a learning experience for me. Check for major issues!!! Never mind the little paint and little cracks here and there aside from your tiny appliances. Check for heat working (which I didn't have but now resolved.) Check for water leaks. Things that are bigger issues rather than cosmetic defects. Now after living here, I've noticed I could hear footsteps from above floor and water rushing through drain from above bathtub. Sound proof isn't the best or should I say build quality isn't the best. The part that ticks me off is, when I first moved in and did the PDI, I had one of the manager come up to look at an issue. I've made few comments without being rude in anyway but I got reply of "I've seen lot worse with other builders" , "technically we don't have to fix this for 180 days" blah blah blah. This is what you say to someone that moves into their first home? Wow. Happy to be in our first home, not happy at all with the build quality and customer care. Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

the day you get the keys, you'll get all the information you need about internet and hydro account!

Back