NEXT at Elgin East (Sequoia Grove Homes) - Real Estate

Did my PDI last week. Interim closing end of the month. I asked the PDI inspector when she thinks the final closing would be and she mentioned should be Sept 2024 if there's isn't any other unforeseeable delays.
I'm disappointed in their appliance selections - for anyone that has moved in, how is their laundry and dryer? I'm surprised that the dryer is ventless and washer isn't connected the the water lines?

Did my PDI last week. Interim closing end of the month. I asked the PDI inspector when she thinks the final closing would be and she mentioned should be Sept 2024 if there's isn't any other unforeseeable delays.
I'm disappointed in their appliance selections - for anyone that has moved in, how is their laundry and dryer? I'm surprised that the dryer is ventless and washer isn't connected the the water lines?
The appliances are all small, “apartment size”. Fridge has changed our shopping pattern in that we get less stuff more frequently. We are looking to get a small size freezer. Dishwasher is ok. Laundry appliances are small too. Washer works fine. Note that the washer only needs connection to the cold water line since it heats the water itself (supposed to be more energy efficient) so no need to be connected to the hot water line. The ventless dryer is apparently the “latest thing” in dryer tech. We found at first that it seems to take forever to dry things, but it was the same when we were in Europe & were using the small size machines. What we find works best in the dryer for us is to do somewhat smaller loads, use the “Towels” setting for everything (this seems to use highest heat) and clean the lint traps after every load. Don’t forget to also empty the water reservoir after every load. Finally make sure you register everything with Whirlpool. Our clothes dryer had a broken latch in the door which we noted in the PDI. After waiting 3 months for the builder to address the problem, I finally called Whirlpool directly and had the defect fixed the next day.

Back