News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 879     0 

NEXT at Elgin East (Sequoia Grove Homes) - Real Estate

but of course there's no additional charge for that new service, since we pay through Elgin East already.
If anyone knows.. can we chose not to sign up with "Robbers", and if we would pay a lower Condo fee if we don't get the internet?

If anyone knows.. can we chose not to sign up with "Robbers", and if we would pay a lower Condo fee if we don't get the internet?
I asked that question a while ago to Elgin East info, because I don't use Rogers Internet, and I actually don't plan to do so in this new condo. However, I was told that there isn't way to opt out and get deducted from the monthly maintenance fee.

And now, although Rogers' is not my preferred ISP, but since at this moment the fibre optic infrastructure in our building is already monopolized by Rogers , and the nature of my work requires very high SNR (signal to noise ratio), which is not just about the bandwidth, but minimum transmit retries and minimum jitters, I will have to take the Rogers Internet for now. By the way, according to the customer service, specific for 6 David Eyer building, the package provides 1.5 Gb/s download and 1.5 Gb/s upload. It's hard to believe, but I'm hoping that customer service staff is correct, and I really need that upload bandwidth.

O yes, by the way, in the breakdown of our monthly maintenance fee that we pay to Elgin East Inc., the Rogers Internet portion is only $33,90.

But please ask again, who knows that they might have different option now. I'm not sure if such matter is handled by Elgin East or Sequoia Grove.

Last edited:
Got the keys to our unit late on Friday, but just got to pop in quickly today. Walk through is on Monday - I have no idea what’s involved in that. It looks like the underground parking is one giant level, shared by building a, building b and the townhouses. There are about 100 visitors spots which must be shared by everyone too. The elevator up into Building A is about 1/2 of the way between the lane running from the parking entrance to where the parking lot opens up.

A lot of the defects from our PDI were done (cosmetic stuff), but some were not (eg clothes dryer door won’t close). I also noticed a couple of defects that either were new or we missed during the PDI so I’ll mention those tomorrow during the walk through.

All the appliances are apartment size, Whirlpool brand, except for the fridge which is KitchenAid (probably owned by Whirlpool). Fridge is 19”, dishwasher is 2 level (21” X 25”). Clothes washer inputs only cold water and heats it internally, if necessary. Clothes dryer is ventless style which is supposed to be higher efficiency.

Unit is very dusty, probably from all the wall repairs and painting.

Our island is different from the waterfall style. It has the quartz top, but wooden sides and storage compartment. The construction looks ok.

I forgot to mention, we got 3 keys to our unit, 2 keys for hallway doors (which is lucky because I got locked in a hallwaywhile looking for the elevator), a card key for.common areas and one clicker for the garage door and residents parking area.

IMG_0029.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0024.jpeg
IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0025.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the keys to our unit late on Friday, but just got to pop in quickly today. Walk through is on Monday - I have no idea what’s involved in that. It looks like the underground parking is one giant level, shared by building a, building b and the townhouses. There are about 100 visitors spots which must be shared by everyone too. The elevator up into Building A is about 1/2 of the way between the lane running from the parking entrance to where the parking lot opens up.

A lot of the defects from our PDI were done (cosmetic stuff), but some were not (eg clothes dryer door won’t close). I also noticed a couple of defects that either were new or we missed during the PDI so I’ll mention those tomorrow during the walk through.

All the appliances are apartment size, Whirlpool brand, except for the fridge which is KitchenAid (probably owned by Whirlpool). Fridge is 19”, dishwasher is 2 level (21” X 25”). Clothes washer inputs only cold water and heats it internally, if necessary. Clothes dryer is ventless style which is supposed to be higher efficiency.

Our island is different from the waterfall style. It has the quartz top, but wooden sides and storage compartment. The construction looks ok.

I forgot to mention, we got 3 keys to our unit, 2 keys for hallway doors (which is lucky because I got locked in a hallwaywhile looking for the elevator), a card key for.common areas and one clicker for the garage door and residents parking area.

View attachment 540053View attachment 540054View attachment 540055View attachment 540056View attachment 540058View attachment 540059
Thank you Dave for sharing.

Had our walkthrough this morning. The service rep (Cody?) showed us where our parking spot and locker are located and showed us the large item garbage disposal room (behind the elevator room on P1). Then she showed us some of the common areas of interest around the lobby, like the property manager’s office and the mailboxes. Finally we went up to our unit and went over what was still outstanding from the PDI and defects we noticed since then. They continue to work on PDI defects - a bunch of workers came to our unit to fix the sliding door to the balcony as we were leaving. She mentioned that the appliances are from Bad Boy, which recently went bankrupt and has closed down, so it’s important to register everything for warranty purposes. The manuals and warranty cards are either in the kitchen drawers or in the appliances.

Had our walkthrough this morning. The service rep (Cody?) showed us where our parking spot and locker are located and showed us the large item garbage disposal room (behind the elevator room on P1). Then she showed us some of the common areas of interest around the lobby, like the property manager’s office and the mailboxes. Finally we went up to our unit and went over what was still outstanding from the PDI and defects we noticed since then. They continue to work on PDI defects - a bunch of workers came to our unit to fix the sliding door to the balcony as we were leaving. She mentioned that the appliances are from Bad Boy, which recently went bankrupt and has closed down, so it’s important to register everything for warranty purposes. The manuals and warranty cards are either in the kitchen drawers or in the appliances.
Thank you Dave for writing about what happened during the walkthrough.

Bumping this up here in case anyone knows someone looking to buy a stacked townhouse in this development. Mine is listed for sale on assignment. It’s a great deal! I can provide more details if you’re interested

View attachment 540053View attachment 540054View attachment 540055View attachment 540056View attachment 540058View attachment 540059
Thanks for sharing these.

Question for you. Does your upgraded island have a power outlet? Apparently they have forgotten to add this to some of the islands.

Last edited:
By the way, according to the customer service, specific for 6 David Eyer building, the package provides 1.5 Gb/s download and 1.5 Gb/s upload. It's hard to believe, but I'm hoping that customer service staff is correct, and I really need that upload bandwidth.
This is quite interesting that they are offering symmetrical speed for up and down. I've never noticed rogers offering this.

Has anyone in Building A installed their blinds / curtains yet? I reached out to a few handymen and most were suggesting to get ceiling brackets. I'm not sure that would be possible on my windows given that there is a vent right above them (see image). If they drilled in the ceiling, I'm worried they might rupture the air vent.

Anyone have any thoughts / recommendations. Thank you!

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-27 at 11.14.44 PM.jpeg

Wondering if anyone knows when is the final closing? just wondering how long would be my occupancy period. I understand the builder has 3 different entities: A, B, C for this project. Would they have different final closing dates?

Back